NFL Week 17

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Dec 29, 2005.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Here it is fella's, the last week. The end of the season for many of you, preparation for the playoffs for the rest.

Pittsburgh will lay waste to the visiting Detroit Lions this week, completing a sweep of that pathetic division.

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA

Even with 2nd, 3rd, and 4th stringers playing , this should be a win. :D
  3. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The Lions get one more opportunity to build upon last season.
  4. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Steelers are on a big roll with a lot of momentum and everyone healthy. no one is considering them a deep threat in the playoffs but i think with their peak happening so late in the season, the AFC needs to be worried.
  5. P. Aaron

They have to beat the Lions to make the playoffs don't they? I'm not saying they can't do is the Lions after all.
  6. I don't think they even have to necessarily win...they could lose and get in anyway depending on what some other teams do. Not that it will matter - the Steelers are winning this one big.
  7. P. Aaron

You're so wrong dude! The Lions will lose this one...big!
  8. Well played, good sir.
  9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Sundays game against the Lions could mean nothing to Pittsburgh if San Diego beats Denver on Saturday. A San Diego win clinches a spot for the Steelers.

10. Brad Barker

Brad Barker Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2001
    berkeley, ca

no fair! they had the abominable snowman on their team!

go 'hawks! :hyper:

maybe favre'll add a few more ints to his total... :p

11. That won't happen, Denver is getting back into their mode , They are gonna give SD the game Indy didn't.
  12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I tend to agree. I actually prefer that Denver win. I want the Detroit game to mean something to Pittsburgh.

13. SKINS...all they have to do is beat Philly, which doesn't seem too hard to do at this point it the season
  14. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I imagine the Bears will rest some players and give their depth players some playing time in a meaningless game against the Vikings.

The Vikes are already on the phone making reservations for Snoop Doggs Soul Plane.
  15. P. Aaron

The Steelers would not be wise to rely on another team's help. They need to spank the Lions good and hard so not only is the Lions coaching staff fired as well, but maybe the owners will give up and sell the team.

Not likely though...the selling part.
  16. I don't know if I want the Bears to play second stringers and lose, or play starters and pwn the vikings. A loss might be worth a possible spared injury, but a win might be worth the risk for the morale boost.
    I just hope that they don't get injured. They're going to win first round at home, anyway. That'll get the morale up. Lovie Smith said on the news that he would play it like any other game, though :meh:
  17. Bassstud1

Bassstud1 Supporting Member

Sep 23, 2001
    LaPorte Indiana USA
    OK guys it's the playoffs. I'm a bears fan but the steelers put a whupping on them. They aren't going to win the Superbowl if they did make it that far. So I say we play all the regulars and at least have the the least number of PA's .
    I think it's 168 now and they have to keep it under 187. Let's be realistic. I the games the bears beat good teams the ball bounced for them every play it mattered. I will still rout for them the whole time, but I am a realist.

Go Bears.!!!!
  18. P. Aaron

IF teams are serious about winning and keeping a 'winning attitude', they shouldn't bench their starters.
  19. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

The problem is that the NFL is a "war of attrition": injuries aren't unavoidable... in fact they are inevitable. By this time of year, few if any of the players are 100% healthy. Until it's demonstrated that benching starters in meaningless games seriously hurts a team's chances in the playoffs, I think coaches are wise to do so.