NFL Week 18

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Dec 31, 2007.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I'll take Jax and San Diego.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Oh dang, I am really nervous about the Jags game. My heart is screaming Steelers, but I need to take a chill pill right now. Until I know more about Ben and Troy, I am going to hold off on my prediction.

So who of us in the playoffs is going to adopt Gard, and let him have a seat on one of our bandwagons? :D

-Mike

3. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Pats stay perfect! :D

4. I've gotta agree. Also, Davenport was NOT the same Najeh that picked up in the game Willie got hurt. That's a bad, bad sign.

I think, first and foremost, they are going to NEED to find a way to stop Taylor. If they can do that, I am fairly confident Pittsburgh can pull a W. They're going to need Polamalu to do that, however. :meh:

5. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Good point on stopping Taylor. I sure hope the defense gets back on track and returns to the unit that did not allow a 100 yard rusher for like three years, or something like that. To me, this game is all about the LB's. I have no issues with Silverback. But I think Haggans, Farrior, and Foote need to start popping some people in the mouth and doing some gang tackling like we used to. I've seen too many solo tackles lately, and guys watching as someone else makes a tackle.

I did not see the game. Did Davenport just look bad, or was he not really trying since the game was not all that important? I'm hoping the latter.

-Mike

6. I think he looked bad. He was certainly trying to pull off some power runs, and was getting planted. He had 12 attempts for 27 yards. :(

The defense did a pretty poor job of stopping the run yesterday too. The Ravens had no 100 yarders, but they had one back rush for 72, and another for 83. The Jags are going to use that same double-back approach too, just like they did the first time they met. :meh:

7. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well shoot, and shoot. It looks like we may be one and done this post season. I'm not too excited about this years playoffs.

-Mike

8. Remember '05 dude. Remember '05! ;)

9. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I always liked Najeh, but quite frankly, that's why the Pack dumped him - inconsistent and he was injured a whole lot.

10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    You're right, you're right. I'll have to hold on to that at the moment to get over being so nervous right now.

We have an office in Everett, Mass which is full of rabid Pat's fans. Ever since they smoked us a few weeks ago, my Inbox and IM's are full of them talking trash to me about our Steelers. It's all in fun of course, and they quiet down when I ask to see their FIVE SB trophys, and I show them this picture.... :D

[​IMG]

I remind them about 2005 when the Colts smoked us on Monday night, and we came back and smoked them in their dome in the playoffs.

-Mike

11. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    not too much going on this week :D

I'm thinking Wash over SEA and SD over TN as much as I'd like both games to come out the opposite

Jax is looking like they're going to run over the yellow guys

the Bucs stick it to the NYG's to round out the weekend

all the best,

R

12. :spit:

13. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I agree on the Washington game. I know they really don't have anyone to be afraid of outside Portis, but they do have emotion and momentum on their side. I could totally see them cruising into Qwest Field and running right through the Seahawks, despite the legendary home field advantage. It looks like I'll be going to the game.

I like the Bucs, so I hope the make a nice run into the playoffs. I don't think anyone is going to beat GB in the NFC though.

-Mike

14. Commence jealousy in 3... 2... 1...

15. charliet

charliet

Aug 29, 2007
    Tacoma, WA
    TIME TO STEP IT UP BOYZZZZZZZZZ

[​IMG]

16. Lorenzini

Lorenzini Supporting Member

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Bucs will take the Giants.

17. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Wow, the games today were interesting.

I thought Washington was going to pull the upset there for a few but that faded pretty quick.

The Jags/Steelers game was a great playoff game. I knew it was going to come down to the wire and it did. Sorry Mike but I'm sure the Steelers will be back and even stronger next year. BTW, look out Pats fans! :p

18. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Jax looked really good. I'm sure the guys will be ready, but that was a great game.

One question: Why did Pittsburgh wait to show up till the 4th quarter?

19. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Jags look like a team who have the best chance of any to unseat the Pats

20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Well schucks......what a bummer. It was a really good game though. I ran the full range of emotions in that game. For me, the game was over when Ben ran the bootleg on 3rd and six. I'll bet Arians made that call......grrrrrrrrrrrrrr... :mad::mad:

A lot of people are questioning some of Tomlin's decisions during the game. Did he do a perfect job? Nope, but he is also a first year coach in his first playoff game as a head coach. He'll get better next year, I'm sure of that. For now, I'm going to support Mike and the choices he made on the field. This is my team, and I'm sticking with them.

All in all, I am totally happy with the season. Especially compared to that debacle I had to endure last season. To me, this season was a success. We have some work to do, some holes to patch up....and we'll be back next year!!!!!

-Mike

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021