1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week #2

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 13, 2010.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I can't imagine KC getting by SD they way KC is playing.

Bills at Pack
    Can't imagine how Pack loses this at home, but we are down a DE and now Grant our starting RB is out indefinitely with what they are calling a "significant" ankle injury.

Pack 34 Bills 17

Fish 24 Queens 21 upset special

Boys 31 Bears 15

Vick led Eagles 28 Stafford-less Lions 14

Guess I spoke too soon on KC. Nice TD run.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    My NFL team and my college team are both playing Tennessee this week.

Steelers eek out another one behind scaredy cat Dixon. Hang on buddy, three more games and you're done.

-Mike

3. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    :D He really does look like a deer in the headlights sometimes.

4. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    If Oakland was any indicator... Dixon is going to need to have it all together. 4 sacks, 4 hurries, and a pair of takeaways on 4 forced fumbles.

Oh and we amassed ~360 yards on the "revamped" Oakland D.

5. thesteve

thesteve

May 28, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    Picks will be coming soon. I'm really nervous about the SD/JAC match up considering what the Chargers failed to do against KC (tackle, tackle, tackle!)

6. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Dixon is not the answer in Pittsburgh, he never was. It was supposed to be Byron "The Statue" Leftwich. So as long as Dixon can hang on and get us to 2-2, I'll be satisfied. Maybe he'll get better in these four starts, which would be nice.

I am more concerned now that Starks is out 2-6 weeks. Sure wish we had Hartwig around so we could slide Pouncey over to fill in for Starks and put Hartwig back at center where he played all last season. Although I am not sure how Pouncey would do at LT really.

-Mike

7. Gaining 360 yards on Oakland is hardly worth bragging over...especially when you've got the best running back in the league and a dominating defensive line.

8. The Jets looked absolutely abysmal last night! The Patriots looked fantastic. Me thinks N.E. is going to rip them to shreds!

Packers looked good behind Rodgers and should easily handle the hapless Bills.

As much as I hate it, I can't help but be drawn to Favre and the Vikings. His floundering and crap he pulls every off season annoys me to no end, but I just LOVE watching the old codger play! I think they'll iron out some of the poor miscommunication from week #1 and easily handle the Dolphins.

9. Right to business:

Buffalo @ Green Bay - Not pretty. Buffalo needs to move to Canada, and join the CFL. ;) (They'll still do poorly there as well). Buffalo 10 GB 27

Baltimore @ Cincinnati - Baltimore won in a slug-fest against the hapless Jests (sorry, but that offense can be described in no other terms), Cincinnati came out flat against a very motivated Pats team, but managed to play a fair, if too little too late, game of catch up. Home team 3 on this one. Baltimore 17 Cincinnati 20

Pittsburgh @ Tennessee - This ain't Atlanta. Pittsburgh 13 Tennessee 31

Chicago @ Dallas - Going against my personal gut feeling is hard here, Chicago got LUCKY and won, Dallas just flat played stupid football and lost. Neither team is looking like they have it figured out yet. Home team 3, but I don't like doing it. Chicago 21 Dallas 24

Philadelphia @ Detroit - Philly has a very unsure situation at QB: either the guy that is hopeless in general, or the one that thinks it's just fine to have dogs try to kill each other for entertainment - and actually sucks as a QB. Detroit is ANGRY. Bad combo for the Iggles. Philly 13 Detroit 24

Tampa Bay @ Carolina - Hopeless against hopelesser. I say we end up with two 1-1 teams, home field 3, again. Tampa 10 Carolina 13

Arizona @ Atlanta - Tough one, Atlanta has a lot of "buzz", they're a chic pick to win the NFC South (which I find HILARIOUS), but they're smoke & mirrors this year. Arizona is not even smoke & mirrors, took a bunch of luck and a couple miracles to beat St. Louis. Bleah. Tie? ;) Oh, OK, UPSET SPECIAL! Arizona 24 Atlanta 17

Kansas City @ Cleveland - KC rolls 'em. Poor Jake Delhomme considers an early retirement. KC 27 Brownies 13

Miami @ Minnesota - Gramps and the Barneys start 0-2 on the way to a 7-9 finish. AP has a 100+ yard game, but fumbles at least one time. Miami 24 Minnesota 20

Seattle @ Denver - Yes, it was an aberration, Seaturkey fans. Seattle 10 Denver 24

St. Louis @ Oakland - Now, we see some evidence of Oakland's improvement - they beat the teams they should. St. Louis 13 Oakland 20

Houston @ Washington - No, this ISN'T an aberration, Texans fans (however, you ain't won nothin' YET). Washington won't get any gifts this game. Houston 31 Washington 10

Jacksonville @ San Diego - Blots can't tackle. Jags run the ball well. Starting 0-2 is gonna really get some sand in a few folks drawers, but that's what will happen. Jax 28 SD 24

New England @ NY Jets - J E T S Jets Jets Jets LOSE Lose Lose Lose again. Pathetic offense will not get any less pathetic. Defense is essentially hit the QB or hope they try to throw at Revis instead of Cromartie or whoever that rookie was...his name is...Toast? Yeah. Not anywhere near the snoozefest of last night. NE 31 Jests 13

NY Giants @ Indianapolis - Battle Of The Bros!!! Indy better find a running game. Fast. Oops...too late! Super Bowl Slump in full effect for Peyton and Coach Ackbar. NYG 34 Dolts 28

MY GAME:

New Orleans @ San Francisco - Continuing the Admiral Ackbar meme:

1253637561-admiral_ackbar.jpg

...yeah, yeah, yeah...

SF played poorly, they'll make it up...NO didn't light it up like last year, they looked flat...

Whatever.

When your offense is Alex Smith handing off to Frank Gore....

...you better not be playing against Drew Brees.

New Orleans 31 San Francisco 17 (yeah, repeat of the SB score! ;) )

10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Same here on Favre Eric.

-Mike

11. The dude looked SCARED last week. You two ENJOY watching a geriatric QB looking like he's watching "The Exorcist" or "Aliens"????

;)

Seriously, go rewatch that game. Deer. In. The. Headlights.

He had TWO decent throws, one for a TD on a poorly timed blitz fake that Scott Shanle was too slow to recover from.

This guy is a trainwreck waiting to happen, fellas....and this isn't just me disliking him on a personal level. He's gonna get clobbered eventually, and when he does...

:meh:

12. Sure it's not. Just like your hate for others (Tebow, Romo, et al) doesn't thoroughly and completely cloud what you have to say about them :D

13. Offense was a rollercoaster, but defense looked pretty decent, minus the miss communication on the TD pass

14. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yeah right Gard. Look at your lame a$$ excuse for the TD throw. :D

He may be out of shape, out of sync with his WR's, recovering from an injury, I'll give you that. But to say he is scared and a deer in the headlights? Please Gard. The guy has been playing football for 20 years. He's played plenty of teams better than your 2009 and 2010 Saints.

-Mike

15. Don't go injecting reality into this Mike. Please! :smug:

16. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    Since Gard did all the work ..... ;)

Buffalo @ Green Bay - Packers by at least 10

Baltimore @ Cincinnati - Toss up, I'll go Bengals

Pittsburgh @ Tennessee - Titans

Chicago @ Dallas - Dallas can't have two dumb games in a row this early in the season, can they? They squeek by, TD at the most

Philadelphia @ Detroit - Lions (I'll never pick the Eagles to win anything)

Tampa Bay @ Carolina - Carolina, assuming they don't float every pass again

Arizona @ Atlanta - Falcons by 10

Kansas City @ Cleveland - Chiefs

Miami @ Minnesota - It will be the only decent game the old man has this season, Vikings by 3

Seattle @ Denver - I don't know enough about these two yet, but I'll say Seahawks

St. Louis @ Oakland - Cards will somehow win this one, but barely

Houston @ Washington - Texans

Jacksonville @ San Diego -Jags by 13

New England @ NY Jets - Big mouth Jets get put in their place, Brady shows he's worth the contract price. Pats

NY Giants @ Indianapolis - Eli

New Orleans @ San Francisco - Saints may be in for a surprise here. 49ers by 6

17. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Gard:

you should be proud of me...at least now I'm doing more than Packers predicts; I've moved up to predicting the entire NFC Norris! :)

On your Lions pick, remember the Lions are relegated to their backup QB. And, after all....they are the Lions.

18. LilRay

LilRay Commercial User

Dec 27, 2007
    Between my Roscoe and Leather
    Owner: Cockeyed Cow Custom Leathercraft
    8-7 Last week, My guys sucked at playing as much as I did picking. :D

Copying Gard's post cause I'm a lazy typer:smug:

Buffalo @ Green Bay - Green Bay beat Philly, Groundhog Day with different suits Buffalo 17 GB 34

Baltimore @ Cincinnati - The implosion of the T.O./Ochostinko Bromance begins Baltimore 17 Cincinnati 7

Pittsburgh @ Tennessee - Pittsburg's D will do well but not well enough. Pittsburgh 17 Tennessee 24

MY GAME Chicago @ Dallas - My guys will come up swinging against a team that IMO lost to Detroit. I LOOK FOR CUTLER TO GET PICKED AT LEAST TWICE Chicago 13 Dallas 34

Philadelphia @ Detroit - Philly has a very unsure situation at QB: Guy 1 (Kolb) who did nothing against Green Bay but will Start according to Reed:eyebrow:. Or guy 2 (Vick) who did surprisingly well against GB but given the chance at a full game DOES make poor choices. Detroit is ANGRY. If Stafford plays LOOK OUT! Philly 16 Detroit 27

Tampa Bay @ Carolina - Carloina looked Bad, Tampa looked WORSE Tampa 9 Carolina 24

Arizona @ Atlanta - NO UPSET HERE! Arizona 13 Atlanta 27

Kansas City @ Cleveland - KC Beat the Bolts Delhommie isn't Rivers KC 21 Brownies 6

Miami @ Minnesota - I believe Farve was WAY WAY out against NOLA. I think he's nervous from lacking in protection and doesn't trust any of his WR's. I also predict that one way or the other Farve won't finish this season completely. He'll either get injured or "retire" early due to poor team performance. I picked Miami to win their division. They win here too.Miami 35 Minnesota 24

Seattle @ Denver - Here's My Upset but tight. Seattle 27 Denver 24

St. Louis @ Oakland - Radiers make Dookie Stew St. Louis 13 Oakland 6

Houston @ Washington -Houston beat Indy, Washington "fell into" a win against Dallas. Houston Smokes the Hogs Houston 43 Washington 3

Jacksonville @ San Diego - Jacksonville's win was a fluke against a poor Denver team. SD rallies back Jax 14 SD 24

New England @ NY Jets - Jets are BAD worse than the Cincy that got trounced by NE NE 34 Jets 6

NY Giants @ Indianapolis - Battle Of The Bros!!! Payton threw for 450+ yards and lost. NYG Defense won't be able to contain that like they did the Panthers. NYG 24 Dolts 41

New Orleans @ San Francisco - I'd like to see Singletary bring his guys in and give Brees & Payton a Big Black Eye, but I highly doubt that will come to pass. Low scoring affair.
    New Orleans 21 San Francisco 10

There it is. ;)

:D

God Bless, Ray

19. You're getting better, now let's work on at least the NFC next time, hm? ;)

On the Lions, Shawn (Sean? :confused: ) Hill should have ended up being the starter in SF, and got hosed because Alex Smith was a #1 pick and no one had the nards to can HIM. He isn't a world class QB, but he's better than EITHER QB the Iggles will put on the field. Add Suh to that...

...and you DID watch the Iggles, last week, right? ;)

Stickin' by my pick on this one, the Lions are gonna be playing angry, and you wouldn't like Suh when he's angry! :eek:

20. jp58

jp58

Dec 9, 2009
    Tennessee
    Exactly. You guys have a rookie QB and no answer for CJ. Prepare for the mighty to fall again.

Pittsburgh < Tennessee; Pittsburgh is going to need answers if they are going to beat a team that can score more than FG's.

Miami > Minnesota; Brett needs to show he has a pulse.

Arizona < Atlanta; Atlanta is way better than they played last week, and Arizona only won against ST. L.

Baltimore > Cincy; Either Baltimore was lights out on D, or the Jets were terrible. Either way, Cincy is going to need to show a lot of flash on O to power past the Ravens.

Kansas City > Cleveland; I'm picking against the Browns until Seneca Wallace starts at QB.

Chicago < Dallas; Chicago should've lost, and Dallas should've played better. I smell Dallas getting it done at the Circus that Jones built.

Philadelphia < Detriot; Detriot got robbed and will come out looking for revenge. Vick will get ~350 yards by himself, but he won't have much help on O.

Buffalo < Green Bay; Grant or not, Green Bay is a way better football team.

Tampa Bay > Carolina; Interesting game to pick, the Panthers will run good, but will Jimmy get it done?

Seattle < Denver; Seahawks U will lose a lot this year, might as well start this week.

St. Louis < Oakland; If I caould call games a tie, this would be one of them. Both teams played like they didn't want to win a football game.

Houston > Washington; Washington is an improved team, but they are going to need everyone to step up.

New England > Jets; can you spell B-L-O-W-O-U-T?

Jacksonville < San Diego;

Giants < Colts; Sorry Eli, big brother will beat you yet again.

Nola > SF; San Fran will play better, but NO is just a better team.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 24, 2021