NFL Week #20 2014 Conference Championships

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack/Seattle. If I'm a realist, which I am most of the time, I pick Seattle, especially on 1/2 a Rodgers. But hope springs eternal, and anything could happen, so I'll go homer and pick the Pack by a point, 31-30

Pats/Colts. Taking a page from Pacman, this matchup seems to have upset written all over it. But I'm going safe bet with Brady's experience and taking the Pats by a touchdown, 35-28.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Easy win for Seattle Sunday. That game is over by halftime.

Could this path to the Super Bowl be any easier for a team? First game is a sub .500 team, next game is against a team with the superstar player injured.

-Mike

3. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    I never pick against the Pack but this week I'm going with the Seahawks. The Pack O does not function nearly as good on the road with the noise compared to at home. It is noisy in Seattle.

Seagulls 27
    Packers 26

4. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I love that one. I miss Favre too. Thanks MPG.

-Mike

5. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I'm rooting for the Pack and the Colts. But I fully expect both to lose. It would be great to see Luck take that next big step with a win in Foxboro, but the Colts' running game just looks too weak.

6. Marial

Marial weapons-grade plum

Apr 8, 2011
    I'm taking the Seahawks. As I'd hoped, they're peaking as a team at the right time again, and I just don't see the Packers pulling out a win in the Clink (I hate that name, but I kinda like it too).

I REALLY hope the Colts can pull out an upset in Foxboro. I HATE the Patriots, almost as much as I hate the Cowboys. I doubt it will happen, however.

So, Seahawks/Pats in the Super Bowl.

7. Seahawks-Pats in the Super Bowl. GO PATS!!

Bipslapper, BeerSuds and Pacman like this.
  8. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    Rooting for the underdog in both games.... I refuse to make a pick in the NFC Championship game when the Packers are involved. Gonna need some extra fancy cheese magic to pull out a win @Seattle. But luckily, I totally believe in cheese magic.

9. TBird1958

TBird1958 As a matter of fact....I am your Queen! Staff Member

Mar 13, 2008
    Seattle Washington
    Endorsing Artist Mike Lull T Bass pickups
    I'm pulling for the Seahawks, but being a native, you always have to have realistic expectations - I'd never take it as a easy win over the Packers, way too much history and pride in that organization to come to a playoff game and not give everything towards winning.

And Ummm.......
    Go Colts!

Gaolee likes this.
  10. JFOC

JFOC

Oct 23, 2010
    new hampShire
    -player-who-just-had-the-game-of-his-life-for-showing-up-late-to-practice-because-his-phone-died.jpg

Phil Zone, BeerSuds and Pacman like this.
  11. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i pick Rodgers/GB to pull out a victory by being clever (the man's a genius). any good strategist can overcome slight odds. RUN THE BALL!!! shorten the game. keep the Seahawks offense on the bench.
    look what St. Louis did in Seattle. they gambled and won. if GB doesn't pull out all the stops, they will lose,... BADLY.

(i predict the outcome will hinge on another controversial call by either a coach or referee!) :(

12. GregC

GregC Questlove, Black Thought, Hamilton Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Mike, I think you posted about Rob Konrad's amazing swim to shore in the last thread, but here's a followup:
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/12155533/rob-konrad-recounts-16-hour-swim-survival

He was always a workout beast with Miami. Just too slow to have a really long NFL career (although six years isn’t anything to sneeze at). I believe he was also the last player who got to wear the fabled #44 jersey at Syracuse.

13. They certainly are doing better than in the 1st of the season, and Rodgers has only a week for that ankle injury to heal ... he did pretty good in Sunday's game, but I'm not seeing it for the Hawks game at home.

I was kind of hoping for Hawks vs Cowboys, but oh well.

Go Seahawks!

14. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Agreed.

I don't see the Colts beating the Pats in their place. Would be nice, but I don't see it.
    Same for the Packers. Week one aside, Seattle has the best home field advantage of any team in the league.

Pats
    'Hawks = Superbowl.

15. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Rodgers is truly amazing and I have a mountain of respect for the Packers.

But, I definitely want to see my Seahawks win it all again.

Go Seahawks!

16. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
  17. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
  18. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Yeah, I just saw that after I posted. Oh well, the RR show will stay in NY.

Given what Fox has done in Denver, I hope he doesn't end up in Santa Clara. I can't see that booting him was a very good idea for Denver.

19. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021