1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week #22 Superbowl 51

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Jan 23, 2017.

Tags:
  1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    It will be 2 great offenses vs 2 above average defenses. I'd like to see a changing of the guard and an Atlanta win, but you just can't discount Brady's experience in his record 7th appearance. I'll take the Pats by a TD 31-24

2. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Pats!

Bipslapper and Rodent like this.
  3. Gaolee

Gaolee Official leathers tester and crash dummy

I'm not sure anybody knows what I really think about Tom Brady around here. Should I explain? Nah. I'll just root for Atlanta and hope the pretty boy gets to go home disappointed.

4. kesslari

kesslari Groovin' with the Big Dogs Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Dec 21, 2007
    Santa Cruz Mtns, California
    Lark in the Morning Instructional Videos; Audix Microphones
    It's less Brady vs. Falcons than Brady vs. Roger Goodell.
    My money is on Brady.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Dan Quinn is going to get schooled by Belichick.
    The Patriots move in with the 49ers and Cowboys, right behind Pittsburgh for most SB titles.

-Mike

6. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    Atlanta looks great, no doubt. Number 11 is the best in the league but I don't know much about the other receivers (we don't get many Falcons games here locally in NE) on the team. Bill will do his best to neutralize Jones so Matt Ryan will have to throw to other guys and I think that will be a huge advantage to the Patriots. New England, even without Gronkowski, has a bunch of great receivers that can step up at any time to answer the call: Edelman, Hogan, Bennet, Amendola, Deion Lewis, James White (running backs that can catch the ball fairly well).

7. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Julio Jones will be a non-factor in the Super Bowl.
    He'll catch 7-8 passes like Antonio Brown did. No TD's, no big yards.
    Well, I take that back. He may rack up some stats as the final moments of the game wind down when NE is already up 20-30 points and it doesn't matter.

-Mike

JFOC and pudge like this.
  8. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    From ESPN.com:
    This is the 6th time the team to lead the NFL scoring (Falcons) will meet the team that allowed the fewest points (Patriots) in the Super Bowl.
    Anyone care to guess the results from the previous five games?
    The team with the top defense won 4 of the previous 5 matchups

-Mike

47th Street and dangnewt like this.
  9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    Unless NE is willing to double him on every play, I think Jones will do better than that. He's not as fast as Brown, but he's 5 inches taller and 40 pounds heavier. So he's going to get some 50/50 balls, and break some tackles (and not head for the sideline). He won't be able to run wild like he did vs. the Packers, but 8 for 120 with a TD or two isn't out of the question, IMO.
    That said, the Falcons will likely need 300+ passing yards to win, so the other WRs do have to step up.

10. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    We'll be able to tell how the Falcons' D will do as soon as we see them line up against the Pats' receivers. If they play soft and give them a bubble at the line of scrimmage, they'll be toast. If they play hard nosed man with some safety help (that's why those guys are supposed to be called "safeties" after all), then they'll have a chance because they may get a turnover or two and their offense is up to the task.

47th Street and INTP like this.
  11. Gaolee

Atlanta's defensive backs have done fine so far this post-season. They haven't faced the hoodie's maddening water torture offense yet though.

47th Street and JFOC like this.
  12. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Who will Lawyer Milloy cheer for? For the second time in three years, he played for both teams in the SB.

-Mike

47th Street and JFOC like this.
  13. jimfist

jimfist "Cling tenaciously to my buttocks!" Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Boston, MA (USA)
    The only defenses to ever slow down Brady with any consistency have been Denver and NY Giants when they were able to dominate the line of scrimmage and literally get in Brady's face rushing 4 or even 3 at the line of scrimmage. If Atlanta can't do that, then all they can hope for is Brady to have a bad game, or the offense to turn the ball over, or a combination of those things. I'd go so far as to say that the aggressive and ultimately superior D-lines that can get after Brady are the only reason he and Darth Hoodie don't have two or more rings.

Does Atlanta have this type of "get after the QB" defensive line? We thought the Steelers had this type of talent, but it only showed up in spots yesterday. So, that's my call: if Atlanta forces 4 sacks, 6 hurries, a couple of pocket flushes, and a handful of knockdowns, they could pull it out. Their offense looks ridiculously good. Could be a shootout.

47th Street, dangnewt, INTP and 2 others like this.
  14. mpdd

mpdd neoconceptualist

Mar 24, 2010
    LA
    after my dog dying and the steelers losing i am declining to watch the super bowl

15. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    I'm just tired of the Pats.

I'm rooting for the Falcons.

16. planetdrumz

planetdrumz

Jan 4, 2016
    Boston
    Being from Boston and a die hard Patriots fan I choose not to get involved in any of these discussions for fear of being thrown out of the forum..:smug::smug::):)☮☮.

47th Street likes this.
  17. Jloch86

Jloch86

Aug 1, 2016
    New Jersey
    Brady will win his 5th ring and we won't have to hear this garbage about "he's arguably the greatest ever".

Bipslapper, Pacman and planetdrumz like this.
  18. planetdrumz

planetdrumz

Jan 4, 2016
    Boston
    Im verry sorry to hear about your dog passing. Its a very hard thing to go through. They truly do become part of our family. :(

mpdd likes this.
  19. Rodent

Rodent A Killer Pickup Line™ Commercial User

Dec 20, 2004
    Upper Left Corner (Seattle)
    Player-Builder-Founder: Honey Badger Pickups & Regenerate Guitar Works
    Seattle loves Brady so much that they have his number lifted high at the Seattle Center

MyNumber.

Pats fans were out and representing at NAMM on Sunday

Namm2017_representing.

Bipslapper, planetdrumz and Pacman like this.
  20. Gaolee

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

You got me good!

Rodent likes this.