1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NFL Week #22 The Big Dance

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Jan 23, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I think New England takes the rematch.

2. Bassman316

Bassman316

May 27, 2008
    Longs, SC
    Yawn. 'Twas hoping either the Niners or the Ravens would make it.

3. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    This is what I'm expecting, and definitely hoping for! :hyper:

4. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    The Giants are a gritty, determined bunch. But i'm going with Boston in this rematch in Indy.

5. steamthief

steamthief

Jan 25, 2006
    Mentone Beach
    I like Eli and the Giants in brother Peyton's house. I'm just hoping for as good of a game as the two we saw yesterday!

6. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Both teams are playing very well. This Giants team reminds me of the '08 team, reminds me of the Packers last year: getting hot at the right moment. I think this will be a very close game. Can New England continue to play average D? Can the Gaints offense get a little more potent?

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Giants for me. Although I wouldn't be too upset for the Gators on the Patriots to get a ring. Those guys are used to being champs.

Should be a fun one. I'll try to check it out, but it isn't a priority for me.

-Mike

8. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'm just hoping for good beer during the game. Don't care which team wins, and don't really like either team. I suspect the Giants have the edge, as it appears to me that their defense is performing better than the Patsies.

The good news: I'm buying the beer. Prospects for good beer are excellent!

9. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    With the 49ers losing, my interest in the Super Bowl took a strong turn towards "meh". At this point, I don't care which team wins.

10. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    GIANTS,... (by default)

Brady will be too exhausted by the 4th qtr to deliver a win. the Giants D will play the pass first. the Pats are too predictable these days. :bag:;)

11. Patriots all the way! The Pats D, especially the front 7, is every bit as good as the Giants. The Pats are on a mission, which will make them tough to beat. GO PATS! :D

12. Passinwind

Passinwind I am Passinwind and some of you are not. Supporting Member Commercial User

Dec 3, 2003
    Columbia River Gorge, WA.
    Owner/Designer &Toaster Tech Passinwind Electronics
    Heh, the two teams I have always followed and rooted for meet again. I like the Pats' chances, but as always, I just hope for a good entertaining game. Sure got that in both cases yesterday...:cool:

13. Zis

14. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    I'm predicting (hoping) the Patriots win and get redemption.
    I was there yesterday in Foxboro for the Pats / Ravens game and it seems like destiny for the Patriots this year- yes I know that sounds corny.

Go Pats!

6750140455_3edb14f49e_z.

:hyper:

15. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Dude, I sat in that same section the day I went! 5th row.

16. Don't skirt the important issues. Did you or did you not get all buck wild on non-9er fans upon the loss? That is the only mark of your true dedication...

17. EricF

EricF Habitual User

Sep 26, 2005
    Pasadena, CA
    49ers are on my "favored teams list", but I'm not a dedicated fan. My preference is for the Packers. I did spit words of disapointment and disgust at the TV numerous times, but it was directed at the 49ers players, not Giants fans. Sorry to dissapoint you.

18. :scowl:

19. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Well I can't say I care too much who wins this year. I will be watching the commercials this year.

20. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Banned

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    packers 30, patriots 24.

oh.... wait.

:bawl:

i miss raji.