NFL Week #3

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 18, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Where is the time going?

Pack at Seattle. The 3rd tough opposing defense in a row....and on the road. However, I think the Pack gives Wilson some fits, but look for Wilson to lead the team in rushing.

Pack 27
    Seahawks 17

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    That one will be fun.

Dolphins host the Jets. I hope Coach Philbin remains undefeated at home, which should be less challening against the dysfuntional Jets.

Does it seem to anyone else like there are more than the normal amount of injuries so far? I read that Washington lost Orakpo and Carriker for the season.

-Mike

3. I predict the Browns will play this week.

4. My guess is we'll see more pee-poor officiating across the board.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
  6. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I am going to have to work on sunday... which means... no work will get done and i am going to watch games at work with a 12 pack... bad idea boss...

49ers will win again.

7. The Pats losing Hernandez is going to be a tough one. Playing the Ravens on the road? I'm not too confident. Ravens are going to be looking for some payback for their loss in the AFC title game.

Ravens 20
    Patriots 14

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    But hey, you guys signed The Warrior, Kellen Winslow.

-Mike

9. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    My Bears have a lot of work to do after embarrassing themselves in primetime [again] last Thursday night. Their O-Line revealed themselves to be the worst in the league and there are major locker-room issues after Cutler's sideline blowup and subsequent terrible performance of his own. It would appear Lovie Smith (who I personally believe should have been fired after last season) is on the verge of losing that team and when you're only two games into the regular season that's a really bad thing.

They host the Rams, who are much improved and have taken on the take-no-prisoners attitude of their new Head Coach. I see an ugly, low scoring game with the Bears just eeking out close win. Something like 20-17. Although, it could just as easily be a blowout in the Rams favor if the Bears (and especially the O-Line) don't get a huge boost of testosterone before then.

10. Cutler has a 58.5 QB rating so far this year. Knowing him and his propensity to sulk when things turn sour, along with the growing tension among some players, I'd be very concerned if I was a Bears fan.

11. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I seriously think if Cutler turns into a problem and if the Bears miss the playoffs again, there's a good chance he's let go along with Lovie Smith and the rest of the coaches. People keep talking about when are the Bears gonna do a long term extension with Cutler and I don't think that can be assumed at all based on Cutler's alarming propensity to totally melt down in prime-time, high-pressure games.

The Bears new GM is not afraid to make radical moves and he has no loyalty to Cutler because Cutler was brought in by the former GM. Anything less than a playoff season this year could -- and should -- trigger some serious housecleaning and if he feels Cutler is more a part of the problem than the solution, I could see Cutler (and other veterans) getting their pink slips along with the coaches as a rebuilding program kicks into high gear.

But not to put all the blame on Cutler... he has had a bottom-5 OL his entire time with the Bears -- and only this year finally got some legit WRs. If anyone has been put in a position to fail, it's been him. I wouldn't be surprised if he wants out of Chicago as much as Chicago wants him out... maybe even more.

12. Falcons - 31
    Chargers - 21

13. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Packers 28
    Seahawkers 20

Rodgers will have a big day passing if Jermichael Finley can actually catch and then hang on to the ball.

14. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    I think the Bears get whooped by the Rams. That D isn't what it used to be. The line is still there but Briggs is older and Urlacher looked pretty done to me last week. Cutler is Jeff George and will be run out of town at some point. There are no leaders on this team. Pack will get the offense going finally and the D will build on last week against a rookie QB. 9ers continue to dominate, Pats have a tough one but Ravens looked pretty beatable to me. Philly gets beat, Texans over Peytons, Detroit over Tenn, Bucs over Boys, NO will be glad they play KC....

15. blendermassacre

blendermassacre Supporting Member

May 28, 2009
    kansas city, mo
    Dear Scott Pioli,
    Go Kill yourself.

Sincerely,
    Chiefs Kingdom

16. Go Falcons. I hope they take care of the Bolts handily and help out the Broncos in the AFC West.

Meanwhile Denver hosts Houston. We have a hard time hating on the Texans here in Denver 'cuz we have a soft spot for Kubiak and Dennison. But this is war.

In the thin air with Manning regaining his composure and sanity, it should be a good game. Another one I wouldn't bet on.

17. Woah, that guy's gotta be like 60 by now.

18. First real game of the year! Against archrival Peyton Manning and the, sort of ok, kind of likable, Broncos.

I'll say
    21 Texans
    20 Broncos

Have no idea how it'll turn out. But a mile in the air against Manning doesn't sound fun.

19. jaywa

jaywa

May 5, 2008
    Iowa City, IA
    I like Manning to roll against the Texans.

Peyton only has a 3-INT game once in a blue moon and virtually never strings together two bad games in a row. And the thin air at Mile High is always a plus for the home team D.