Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NFL week 4 thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 25, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Let's forget about this week and move on:

Pack > Panther

2. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    its not even sunday night yet...

3. all I need is 1 interception, TB to throw 5 more completes, 3 FGs and one none over like 44 yards and I win money... week ain't over

4. eric234

eric234 Guest

Mar 11, 2005
    philadelphia
  5. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

6. I lost :(

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    A whole week off to calm down, and gather myself together before a matchup with the Chargers. Big numbers from the Bolts tonight....looks like the Steelers D will have a tough time shutting down Tomlinson.

On a side note...anyone else having a hard time calling LaDanian Tomlinson "LT"? I can't do it. LT is reserved for Lawrence Taylor in my book. Borderline blasphemy. It seems like Tomlinson got the nickname "LT" because people have a hard time saying his name. Lawrence Taylor got "LT" because he was awesome, dominating, and the best LB to play the game.

-Mike

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Tomlinson is getting to be pretty darn awesome & dominating in his own right...plus, I don't see LaDanian with a coke problem in his future...

;)

...I love the guy, because he really seems to ENJOY the game, he's always having fun!!! Folks, it's a GAME!

All that said, I agree...LT is a bit much for him, it's not THAT hard to say his name!!! ;)

As for week 4: Saints > Buffalo at "home" (San Antonio :bawl: )

They gotta bounce back after the past two weeks, plus they're going to be playing the game where they live, gotta be a big help. Oh, and the Bills are...well...BAD...;)

9. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
  10. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The Lions even lose to bye week.

11. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Yes, I agree with a Packer Backer.

Which means the stars are in some odd alignment, the winds have crossed into one place, and the fates are in some wierd agreement. I may as well buy a lotto ticket. Maybe the Bears might have a QB that will throw for more than 200 yards a game.

Yeah right...

Gotta run to the convenience store.

12. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    OK, this should have been here.

OK - no doubt about it, our NFC North is as week a division as there is in the NFL. Even after week 4 and the Packers yet to play tonight, we're only 1 game out of first at 0-3 and could be tied for the division lead if we win tonight. Are you kidding me!!

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I'll be in the strange position of rooting for the Pack tonight.

1) The Panthers are a division foe, and every loss for them is a win for me.

2) I figure the Pack have about one win in them before mid-season, and I want 'em to get it out of their system BEFORE my Saints play 'em next week! :hyper:

:)

...oh, and anyone gonna argue with my assessment of the Bills? They're awful.....

:spit:

14. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    Looks like San Diego is the team to beat! They stomped the Giants last week and my Pats this week. The Giants seem to have their act together too, they had a great game yesterday.

I can't believe Kansas City blew such a huge lead to the Eagles. Wow. They were up like 28 points at the half, then didn't score another point until almost the end of the game. Talk about the winds of change.

15. I'd say the Colts are the team to beat at this point...mostly because they haven't been beaten yet. ;)

I was definitely shocked to see New England get beat up on like that, especially at home. LaDainian Tomlinson (I'm looking at you, Mike!) is an absolute beast. I'm sure they'll bounce back, but losing like that is never, ever good.

16. Robear22

Robear22 Supporting Member

Sep 28, 2004
    Beach Park, Ill
    You will be tied for second with the vikings.

Bears 1-2
    Lions 1-2
    Vikings 1-3
    Packers 1-3 (if the Pack win)

What a break. We don't even play and we land in first place.

17. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    Bears are in first place. :hyper:

18. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Enjoy it...not for long they ain't.

19. yeah so my pats got shalacked by 24 but theres a rumor going around bruschi will be back by week 10

and the bosox are in the playoffs so i cant complain much

20. I didn't catch the game after the first few minutes but in the San Fran game there was 6 lost fumbles (2 rec) and an interception.

That must have just been a poor game to watch.

For those who saw it, was it any good?