1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week #5

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Sep 29, 2008.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack bounces back even without Rodgers playing (As the Wisconsin State Journal puts it, "The Nightmare at QB has Come True") Maybe.

Packers 17
    Atlanta 14

2. Matt Flynn will do well for you guys next week. :) Not to mention that Atlanta is a paper tiger of a football team that has only looked good against the worst of teams. Should be at least a 10 point win for the Pack.

Saints have the Vikes at home on Monday night, we'll do the rest of the NFC North a big favor:

Vikes 17
    Saints 31

Saints defense is actually solid against the run, and the Vikes passing offense is pretty bad. Peterson will get his yards, but not be enough to keep up with what Brees and company will be able to do on offense. Yes, the Vikes have a good front 4 on defense, but things drop off quickly behind them, and the Saints passing offense is really "that good", not to mention that Deuce is back and will be bruising a few folks in the running game.

3. Thor

Thor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

Next weeks Philly vs Skins game should be a good one.

4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Speaking on behalf of Packer fans, now we appreciate that!

5. Grizzly700

Grizzly700

Mar 18, 2008
    Maryville, TN
    Titans - 35
    Ravens -10

Titans ftw.

6. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Off the Steelers go to Jacksonville for the Sunday night game. We couldn't beat those guys last year, but they don't look so tough this season.

I don't want to see Ben on the bench, but it would be really cool for Leftwich to lead us to victory in this game.

-Mike

7. Don't speak too soon, you guys have to deal with the Black & Gold later, and we'll take payment for the favor at that time.

;)

8. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    The Saints are my second favorite team this week. I ALWAYS love whoever plays the Viqueens.

Packer website is reporting no major structural damage to Rodgers' shoulder, so it's possible he won't miss a game.
    I'm more concerned about the defense. Hawk, Collins, Bigby, Rouse, Harris (for sure), and Jenkins could ALL be out. That is stretching it thin. AJ has really turned the corner this year and has been making some big plays. He'll be missed if he's out.

As far as the Bucs game, Tramon Williams held up really well in Harris' place. I think he is going to be a starting CB in the future. Woodson played well again despite his broken toe. I'm sure Chucky CRIED to the refs before the game and as a result got at least one (on Woodson), bogus pass interference call.

9. We play against the high flying offense and stern defense of the mighty Cincinnati Bengals.

I predict a blow out, and some retribution for sunday's sad loss.

10. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Huh? We don't play Green Bay this year. We're hitting up the NFC East this season.

:D

-Mike

11. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    Jacksonville seems to be improving each week. I've been a Steeler fan all my (long) life, but the Jaguars seem to have their number for the last several years. I hope they turn it around this year, but they always seem to throw key interceptions against the Jags. I'm sick of seeing that D.B. for the Jags with the long black hair (can't remember his name) running down the near sideline into the end zone after another interception year after year. Actually, I probably repressed his name in my memory bank because I'm so sick of him making big plays against us... ;)

12. You guys are NOT black and gold, you're black and YELLOW...no matter what the heck you call the color.

;)

There is only ONE Black & Gold in the NFL, they're in New Orleans, not Pittsburgh.

Oh, and you're not "hitting up" the NFC East this season. Based on how things have gone so far, you're getting beat down by the NFC East.

:smug:

13. :mad:

14. ...truth hurt?

;)

Y'all better find an offensive line, or Ben will have another concussion soon!!!

15. Yeah it does. :atoz:

16. If anyone can feel your pain, it's me...I was a Saints fan in the 70's, we had Archie Manning at QB, arguably the best at the position in his day, and he couldn't get a win because he was on his @$$ all the time. Damn cheap@$$ owner Meacham wouldn't invest in a line to block for him!

17. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Hehe...look at Gard. We beat them last year, his team won yesterday against possibly the worst team in the NFL, and now he wants to pop shots at our Steelers.

You guys start racking up division championships, HOF'ers, and SB trophies, and then we can revisit the idea of you guys being Black and Gold. The Steelers have been Black and Gold for as long as I can remember, and no "Johnny-come-lately's" are going to steal that from us.

-Mike

18. We didn't lose to the Steelers last year, it was in '06, so get it right. :spit: ;)

You can call it "gold" all you want, but it's freakin' yellow to anyone with a set of eyes that works. It ain't about knockin' anyone, it's just that you guys are all color-blind!

19. I'd love for the Falcons to pull out a W on the Packers but... it won't happen.

20. MJ5150

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Truthfully, I have always wondered why they call us black and gold. It has always seemed more yellow to me. But hey, I was told black and gold from the start, so I'm sticking with it.

I guess it was '06 that we beat you guys wasn't it. Reggie's first year, and first TD he scored was against us I believe. Oh well, we would have beat you last year too! :D

-Mike