1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Oct 8, 2013.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack/Ravens

I think Baltimore, even being SB champions, is running under the radar. They are quietly taking care of business. With out Clay Mathews, our D is ordinary. The linebacking corps is a mess with injuries. And the Offense is inconsistent at best and unimaginative at worst.

I'm not sure the Pack will hold up to the Ravens D.

I'm picking the Ravens in a close one.

2. Bipslapper

Bipslapper Well Ahoy, Paloi Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2009
    Cape Cod, MA
    My wife and I are going to the Pats / Saints game in Foxboro this Sunday. I am not expecting too much from New England.......(sigh)....., at least I will be well fed and have a good hang with my better half.

3. ShoeManiac

ShoeManiac Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2006
    New Jersey
    I am without a doubt EMBARASSED by the poor showing of the NY Giants this year. They're just playing terribly, and their 0-5 start might be the indicator that Tom Coughlin's tenure may be coming to an end sooner than we might have thought. I know that the Giants have been keeping an eye on Bill Cowher as a possible successor, and he may be ready to get back into coaching after his stint as a commentator.

4. You're a breath of fresh air in these football threads, dude!! you look at games realistically and objectively, despite clearly being a fan of your Packers. I love that. Thank you!

5. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    Packers 56 Ravens 7. Screw fresh air.

6. Jeff K

Jeff K Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2005
    Memphis, TN
    :D

7. eddododo

eddododo Supporting Member

Apr 7, 2010
    Well... saints fan chiming in..

The saints are an exciting team, similar to the superbowl year; exciting physical pressure/turnover-based defence, an exciting hybrid offense including jimmy friggin graham, coaches are on fire..
    The problem? Defensive leadership is a little light; they are relying on a healthy mob mentality, but if one position id off, the defense will crumble- and with or without crumbling they are really weak to strong inside runners ..
    our running backs are simply on fire, but besides Pierre's games this past week, the actual running game has not been very good, are running backs are just making a ******** of yards as flex receivers and the weird hybrid slot stuff..

and one thing I find glaringly obvious is that around the end of the 3rd quarter the Saints just stop producing, offensively and defensively.. that being said I feel like we should have the Patriots number coming up, but if there's one thing the saint of always been good at is losing games they shouldn't, especially in terms of should-be-good teams stepping up against thec saints

8. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I don't find any games all that compelling this week except maybe NO/NE. I'd like to see KC stay undefeated, so that may be a good game against Oakland.

Denver has the highest spread, 28 points, in NFL history this week.

-Mike

9. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    If Aaron Rodgers and company can light up the scoreboard and keep piling on points, the Packers will win. Though I don't have a good feeling, about this game.

10. Hmmm. Strong Browns D versus Megatron, Reggie Bush, and Stafford.
    Strong Detroit DL versus suspect Cleveland OL. Statue-esque Weeden with pedestrian RB production. Josh Gordon versus Lions DBs (on which I can't comment, through simple ignorance of them)

I'm picking the Lions 13-10.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Calvin Johnson is hurt, so even if he does play against Cleveland, he probably won't be 100%. Then you have that other clown on the Lions in trouble for reportedly harassing college band students. I can see Cleveland winning this game and taking over first place in the AFC North after Baltimore loses to Green Bay.

-Mike

12. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I was thinking of putting down $5 to beat the spread, just because.

Anyway, Raiders @ Chiefs: I actually think KC is the team to beat in teh AFC West. Denver's Defense (27.8 pts./game) is going to cause issues. KC of 2013 is looking like the 2011 Niners that were a rookie's knee away from the super bowl. They are strong on both sides of the ball, with a very "Get it done" attitude. Oakland shows flashes of brilliance, but this is not the year. KC 24 - 10

Titans @ Seattle: Seattle really should take this one. It will be close. 28-21

Cardinals @ Niners: SF should win this in the same fashion they beat the Lambs. 28-9

Oh, and has anyone seen this latest push to change DC's name?

13. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Yep, Phil Knight and Nike paid Goodell and the NFL enough money that they can now do about what they want. I can't wait to see what Nike has in mind for the Bears, Packers and Steelers uniforms.

-Mike

15. fisticuffs

fisticuffs

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    The Packers have refused to allow any changes.

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    We'll see. I hope they remain unchanged.

-Mike

17. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    I think maybe, just maybe the Broncos beat the Jaguars in Denver this Sunday...

18. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    I wouldn't be too sure about that!;)

19. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    Risky call there.

Don't expect much from the Pats this week, but every week I didn't they won. Expected the win this week, and my hopes were doused.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Sanchez is done for the season. I guess they were waiting to see how good Smith was before they pulled the trigger on the shoulder surgery for Sanchez? :D

-Mike