Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NFL Week 6

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Oct 10, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Packers have a bye. I'll go out on a limb in our own division:

MN > Chi

2. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    I beg to differ. Chicago has its problems, but as long as they avoid their fourth quarter collapse, they'll be able to take the Vikings.

At least, they better be able to... :scowl:

3. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    Bucs>Dolphins.

Our defense is better, and we can stop the run consistently.

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Dude...you lost to "Vinnie and the Jets"....

...trust me, I know about bein' a "homer", but...man...put the koolaid down, step away from the koolaid...

;)

I'm definitely NOT picking my Saints against Atlanta next week...

:spit:

5. why not? They looked sooo good against GB.

Giants > Cowboys

6. pigpen02

pigpen02

Mar 24, 2002
    The offense and play calling lost the game, i think. The d held the jets under 250 yards of offense: C-mart had i think 60 rushing yards, vinny 160 passing; i think the dolphins offense will be even worse. I reckon this comes down to who runs the ball better, has the stouter defense, and creates turnovers. At least we now know the kicking game is sound.... :rollno:

I got burnt picking the saints over the pack this week.

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Can't you guys wait until week five is over before you start a week six thread? :D

-Mike

8. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Hell, I'm already picking the week 10 games!!! ;)

(Looks like tonight will be a real good game on paper! Not pickin' one on this, too close to call, just going to watch and enjoy! :D )

9. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

The Lions got lucky: The other team was penalized more than they were.

10. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, I guess week five IS over for everyone but Steelers and Chargers fans.

I'm standing firmly behind my Steelers. Tomlinson may get 100 yards tonight, but I doubt it. Brees will be running for his life all night. Smashmouth football comes to the west coast tonight.

-Mike

11. He better get over 80.

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Hmmm....I smell a fantasy geek. :)

-Mike

13. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    Oh...is that what that smell was???

:p

;)

14. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    Bengals will be out for blood this week against the Titans after their loss to the Jags.

All the Bengals need to do it cut down on penalties (10 against the Jags) and be more efficient near the red zone. After their injuries clear up (Houshmanzedeh and Brahm I'm looking at you!) they should be right as rain with the trio of CJ, Henry and TJ on WR and Rudi Johnson back in to work in tandem with Chris Perry at RB.

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Vikings vs. Bears. Would it by unsportsmanlike for me to root for a 0-0 tie with lots of injuries?

16. SuperDuck

SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Wisconsin
    Yes it would. :p

17. But then it would be great in two weeks seeing the Vikings equipment managers suiting up for the game.

I know I'm leaving this wide open... Something along the lines of "a team of one foot tall Mike Ditkas."

18. No fantasy.

Ontario Lottery :)

wish me luck (I never win these puppies)

19. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Woops, my bad. I'm sorry. We don't have gambling that like around these parts. Legal forms of it at least.

-Mike

20. seriously?

makes the games very interesting. Nothing like your favourite team playing your rival team, your favourite team is up by 1 but if your rival makes this 47 yard field goal to win, you win 200 bucks.