NFL Week #6

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    The 5-0 Pack vs the 0-4 Rams at Lambeau?

Pack - zatrillion
    Rams - 10

2. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I was saying the same thing about the giants and seahawks... :'(

Trap game

3. Definitely

Definitely Inactive

Pack- 34
    Rams- 10

4. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    This probably counts as a bye week for the Packers, I'd have to imagine...

5. The Giants haven't played anyone, had to make a couple of comebacks to win against teams with losing records, and are still 3-2. I'm not so sure that game was a trap as much as it was a reality check for the Giants.

6. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    I respectfully disagree sir. The week going into the Philadelphia game, the giants were a legitimate underdog. Now that the eagles are in free fall, everyone is looking past that game.

7. Time Monkey

Time Monkey Inactive

Jan 9, 2009
    California
    Packers have nothing to worry about until turkey day.

8. Ughhhhh... can't the season Just end.

9. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    San Francisco vs. the Lions next week. I'm not ready to predict anything yet. I haven't seen enough of the 4-1 Niners. If it was an away game I'd be worried about it being a trap game, but the Lions are at home, that should give them an edge. How good are the Niners SF fans?

10. Not a 9er fan but they're a pretty good team. Good pass rush and run defense. Alex Smith has started to play to his potential and Frank Gore looks like 09 Frank Gore.

11. While I agree they were an underdog, I'm not so sure about the actual legitimacy of it at the time. Remember... Everyone was practically giving the rings to Philly before the season even started. We can see now, they were a mess then and still are today.

Looking at the Giants first 5 games (Records as of today).

Washington - 3-1
    St. Louis - 0-4
    Philidelphia - 1-4
    Arizona 1-4

Combined for the teams they've played is 5-13 and the Giants lost to the only team with a winning record in that list.

Seattle came in at 1-3 so if you include them it's even worse... I have nothing against the Giants but they reallly haven't played anyone yet.

12. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    Isn't that revisionist history? They were an underdog who everybody from the beginning of the season said that the eagles had a distinct advantage at the skill positions.

Going into buffalo, the eagle (who the giants beat) were a 10 point favorite. I doubt the g men will be favored by that much, if at all.

The better question is before the game, who did you think was going to win?

13. I'm not sure I understand your point. Philadelphia has played (record wise) much better teams then the Giants, other then St. Louis who they beat as well as everybody else so far. I don't know about the point spread with Buffalo and am not sure what that has to do with anything I've said to be honest.

The last question... I thought the Giants were going to win. I also thought Green Bay was going to win last night and Detroit tonight but I wouldn't consider either of those "trap" games either.

14. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Yea, turkey day's looking like a great matchup. We've got the edge offensively, they've got a larger margin on us defensively.

15. Tendril

Tendril

Sep 28, 2004
    Cleveland, Ohio
    I am sad to say that I think the Raidahs will beat my Browns 28-10. I hope different, but...

16. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I love it when RB's and FB's have names that descriibe what they do...

And it's what Gore will do to the Lions D.

Hyperbole aside, it's going to be a greeat game. I predict it will be a defensive battle, with a final score around 21-17.

At the end of the game, BOTH teams will be saying "Can't wait to see THEM again in the playoffs!"

17. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I was worried about the lions but they didn't impress me too much on Monday.. Still will be a very good game IMO

Offense: Bears offensive line looked bad, 9 false starts? Why was this game even close? 49ers o-line is not great, they looked great against the Bucs but rest of time they have been just ok. However, they are better then Bears so Lions D will have to work harder. Lions o-line is good but I think we can get through.

Passing: Alex smith got better, 49ers are missing a lot of receivers but got 2 TE that are monsters. Edwards might be coming back this week but that's a big maybe. Morgan is out, and that hurts. Crabtree is doing ok. Lions look good as far as passing, but they are a passing team, and against Bears D, i feel like they should have been a bit more effective.

Running: Lions are good on stopping the running game and so are the 9ers. But i think gore/hunter combo is a bit better then Jahvid Best.

Defense: Bears D is bad... 9ers D is good. Bears were in the game until the last field goal. 49ers allow a lot of passing yards, and Lions pass a lot, but we always seem to be able to hold it well in the redzone. I think our D will be able to handle lions. As for the lions, it just depends on the 49ers oline. If they can get to Alex Smith in the beginning, he will start making mistakes, if not, he'll do just fine.

I think 49ers will be able to figure lions out.

49ers - 27
    Lions - 20

18. Will Romo be playing for the Cowboys this Sunday vs the Pats? :confused:

19. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    He'll play 3 quarters, but be on the field for 4.

20. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Sunny Beach
    Packers 45
    Rams 16

Giving St Louis 16 points only because they had two weeks and a bye to prepare.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 28, 2021