NFL Week #6

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Oct 10, 2011.

1. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    2 weeks now that i won pick`em league... up $30!! Anything after this is bonus!

2. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY
    Agreed. IMO this is just a case of the press being wankers and trying to stir up drama that really isn't there. Tempers flared at a football game? Oh, noes! :rolleyes:

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    I like Mike Ditka's idea...coaches should go sit in a room alone for 30 minutes after the game ends, then come out and talk to the press. He'd be one to know about emotions running wild while coaching. :)

-Mike

4. Funky Ghost

Funky Ghost Translucently Groovy

Looks like Carson Palmer to the Raiders. I guess the chance at TWO first round picks for him was too tempting. It doesn't hurt that his replacement has been playing quite well all things considered.

5. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Raiders are a silly silly team...

They will not have a draft next year until round 5...

yeah, they have a pick in round 5 and 6... Silly franchise i tell you.

6. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.

You know the Raiders have always danced to a different beat of there own drummer, with or without Al Davis. If Carson can lead us 2 the A.F.C. Championship game good move if not there's always next year with him having a full year in this system.

Most of there good picks lately have come in the 5th, and 6th round.

You sound like a 9'er fan. :smug:

7. JacoLesFlea

JacoLesFlea

Jun 16, 2006
    Minnesota
    *Newsflash* McNabb benched......Christian Ponder starts against 6-0 Packers........:hyper:.

Everone was getting tired of Mcnabb and his stupid smile.

8. Since I hammered them earlier I might as well own up to this. I switched back and forth so I was able to watch most of the game and it was a good one. I still think they have some work to do but it was a good win against a solid opponent.

I've got to be honest though... My smart *** side wants to say, congratulations on finally beating a team with a winning record. :D

9. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Yeah, 9er fan...

First round, maybe good idea, but they are stuck with Palmer for 4 more years.

2011 $11.5M, pro-rated, obviously. 2012: $11.5M. 2013: $13M. 2014: $14M

How many years does Palmer has left in him?
    Next year draft will be QB heavy draft;

Andrew Luck - Stanford
    Landry Jones - OU
    Nick Foles - Az
    Matt Barkley - USC
    Ryan Lindley - San Diego

Those are all probably going to be first round picks. I think it's a good QB class. Somewhat hoping Luck gets a very minor injury that will scare people so 9ers can pick him up. :D I mean the guy is already calling his own plays and is managing the game, not a lot of QBs do that in college...

10. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.

Sounds like the 9'ers will have a nice selection of QB's to pick from, other than Luck.;)

11. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    The way we are playing, I think they'll all be gone by the time we get to pick!

12. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    I am ok with A. Smith right now, He is playing like he is right now under current coaching staff, he might just become good if he has right coaching for more then 1 year.

13. Funky Ghost

Maybe the rest will have done Palmer some good, but from where I sat the last few years it was clear he wasn't an elite QB and in fact, had lost a lot of velocity on his throws. His deep ball was not deep any longer. I also find a problem with a guy that quit on his team. They went out and got him every weapon he asked for and drafted an elite WR in the last draft. He took a 10 million dollar signing bonus on a renegotiated contract, then a 15 million dollar one when he resigned. And what did the the Bengals get for all their trouble? A hold out and "retirement". In the end it seems to have worked out famously for the Bengals. 1 guaranteed and a potential 2nd first round pick is a gold mine for a guy who has yet to live up to a 1st round QB billing. His best season was 6 years ago and he's never won a playoff game.

Am I wrong on this one?

14. I'm just waiting and seeing, man.

I've seen athletes do much worse than what Palmer did in Cincy, so I'm not sweating any craziness he may come up with too much. I'm just hoping against hope that his problems were due to a lack of support from his team, and discouragement. I can't wait to see him play, though! So I can get some kind of read on him...

15. Funky Ghost

Yeah, of that we agree on. He has history with the coach too. That cannot be a bad thing as the system will be a pretty quick thing to pick up on. I have to say that I never saw Cincy as not supporting the guy though. They grabbed T.O. and a slew of players for him. In the end he took his ball and went home. Something about that rubs me the wrong way.

16. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.

True. They definitely have an solid D.

17. Starrchild

Starrchild

Nov 10, 2000
    The Bay.

My pops (who's a 9'er fan) says Alexander Smith is the girlfriend you'll never marry. :D