1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week 7

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Gard, Oct 20, 2009.

1. ...what, I'm first? :eek:

;)

OK, bringing my 62-30 record forward:

Green Bay @ Cleveland - Uh...:meh: Green Bay 31 Cleveland 10 (if they're lucky)

San Diego @ Kansas City - Glad KC got their win. By the way, that IS their win this season. ;) San Diego 27 KC 6

Indianapolis @ St. Louis - This isn't even fair. Can the NFL MAKE Indy start Sorgi? ;) Indy continues to be undefeated (but they look a lot like the AFC version of the Giants right now...) Indy 31 St. Louis 10

New England @ Tampa Bay - They can do it without snow too. The Yucs continue their march on perfection. NE 35 TB 6

Minnesota @ Pittsburgh - Satan's Love Slave doesn't get THAT many brownie points for "it puts the lotion on". Minnesota 17 Pittsburgh 24

San Francisco @ Houston - Wow...er...how do you possibly pick this game? Coin toss, it lands on the edge and stays....I just don't trust Houston... SF 27 Houston 24

Buffalo @ Carolina - Mediocre Bowl. I would say home field advantage, but Buffalo somehow managed to win at the Jets, and Carolina has looked equally inept at home or on the road. Still... Buffalo 9 Carolina 13

NY Jets @ Oakland - Last week was an aberration, sorry Raider Nation. NY Jets 24 Raiders 10

Chicago @ Cincinnati - Another "wow how do you pick THIS one" game...I really think Chicago is pretty inept at this point, but not THAT inept. Close one, home field edge. Chicago 17 Cincy 20

Atlanta @ Dallas - Tough one, two teams I despise, and seeing the Foulclowns drop one would serve two purposes for me - Foulclowns loss, Saints get another game up on a hated division rival. I don't think the Cowgirls can do it though, even at home, they just look inept. Can I hope for a tie? Guess not, so I'll just have to settle for one of my favorite teams winning: whoever is playing Dall@$$ this week! :) Atlanta 24 Dallas 21

Arizona @ NY Giants - I'd hate to be Arizona this week. Really. Arizona 24 NY Giants 31

Philadelphia @ Washington - Philly has now had their "huh?" game. Washington is in the midst of a full on "huh?" season. Philly will take out their frustrations on the hapless 'Skins this coming Monday. Philly 31 Washington 13

MY Game:

New Orleans @ Miami - It would be EASY to predict a complete blowout here, but stupid. Miami has an excellent defense, and a damn good offense. This could be a "trap" game for the Saints, but I think they're aware of both the potential of looking past any NFL opponent, and they're aware of what Miami is capable of. Not a blowout, but a solid 2 score win for the Saints. New Orleans 31 Miami 14

2. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Couldn't wait, huh? :)

Pack 28
    Cleve 17

It'll be interesting to see where we end up penalty-wise. The rokkie left tackle Lang filled in great for Clifton. Would like to see Lang get more playing time.

Another badly needed win after stumbling twice.

3. Joe Gress

Joe Gress

Dec 22, 2005
    Pueblo, CO
    So we'll have to see if the Jets acctually show up to play the Raiders this week. And if I get to watch the game in Colorado.

4. Hey, you're usually jumping the gun and putting up the thread before the MNF game is even started! :eek:

;)

I don't think your Pack has much to worry about this weekend, I'd put the Brownies about even with the Lions right now.

5. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Week 6 isn't ...

oh.

6. :D

You crack me up man...

7. I'm proud of you Gard. ;)

Atlanta - 27
    Dallas - 21

Just the edge with Jason Elam kicking one for over 45.

8. jazzbo

jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    Awww, you too buddy.

Of course, the difference is that I'm making jokes, and you're pontificating on football.

:D :bag:

9. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    So, my Colts get two weeks off in a row? Sweet! ;)

10. Careful the team doesn't take that attitude, you'd hate to see them go to sleep and give a bad team like the Rams a cheap "W"!

;)

11. Oh, don't worry, if Dall@$$ wins this one, I won't shed a tear for being wrong. ;)

Matter of fact, one of the reasons I want Atlanta to win this one is so they come into NOLA for that next MNF game thinking they have some kind of chance....so the Saints can totally crush them and destroy their confidence!

:hyper:

;)

12. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I don't think so. Even with your recommendation that Sorgi be forced to start I think the Colts would beat them. STL just looks so bad right now and they don't want to lose that #1 draft pick!

13. Hee hee hee....

...is it December 19th yet?

:smug:

14. Well, they are locked in quite a battle with Tampa Bay for that "honor" right now, and I don't see either letting up any time soon....so I tend to agree with you, no way Payton and the boys lose this one.

Seriously though, when DO they actually play an NFL team?

;)

15. I've gotta admit, I'm not feeling all warm and fuzzy for the Steeler game this week. The Viking offense has been a machine all year. The only saving grace is that Baltimore handled them pretty well for most of the game, and that this will be a home game for Pittsburgh.

I'm going to go against my team and pick the Vikings in a close one. 27-24 Farvuh and Co. :atoz:

16. XXL

XXL calm seas dont make skilled sailors

Jun 14, 2007
    I'm looking foward to this game with the Favrings.
    I feel that the Steelers defense can put a halt to the Vikings running game, which means more Favre throws(and Ints) and Im sure Harrison and Co. will be putting alot of pressure on the QB, (though its a huge blow that A. Smith is out). I do have concerns if the Steelers O line can handle the other guys D line, but Bens good at getting out of harms way,scrambling, running around keeping that defense on the field and winded. I forsee alot of screens to tire out that D line.

Steelers win by 10 points, 27-17.

Upset pick of the week: Dolphins get lucky and wildcat the Saints D.

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Wow. If our defense gives 17 up to Cleveland, the DC should be fired immediately. Cleveland has one of the most inept offenses in NFL history right now.

18. I gotta admit, the WC does give me pause. However, I believe that we can defense it well enough. Not to mention, the Saints offense is leading the NFL in just about every category you can think of, and is much better at time of possession than Indy is (as well as being stronger on scoring) for example.

The only chance Miami has is to play "keep away" from Brees & company.

19. Ed Goode

Ed Goode Jersey to Georgia Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2004
    Acworth, GA
    Endorsing Artist: FBB Bass Works
    The Giants are a little bit testy this week, especially after getting hammered by the local media. It's bad enough to be completely embarrassed by a team that you were supposed to be equal to, but when you start adding in the sports writers jumping in their face, they get a bit frisky.

Eli fell on the sword and took the blame, but even Ray Charles could see how inept the Giant D was. Coughlin got that quiet, scary look in his eyes, and Justin Tuck nearly refused to talk about the beating his defense took. In a weird way, this loss might have helped them "get over themselves" after 5 cake-walks in a row .... ;)

Somebody said it above, and I agree ..... I wouldn't want to be Arizona this coming weekend. The Giants will take all of their self-imposed frustration out on Sunday night assuming that old Kurt doesn't pick apart the NYG weak-*ss backfield.

NYG 38, ARI 17

20. I said it. :)

I am just as befuddled about that game as the Giants fans. I'm not saying I didn't expect the Saints to win, I did. I just didn't expect them to WIN, if you follow me.

The Giants are far too good of a team to let this one loss pull the wind out of their sails, I see 'em bouncin' back against Arizona. They will give up some points though, because the d-backs in Giantland are a bit suspect right now. Drew really schooled 'em didn't he? :)

I expect to see Big Blue in the 'Dome again early next year.