1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NGD Hardluck Kings Spider

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BurnOut, Nov 28, 2018.

1. BurnOut

BurnOut It's The Billy Baloney Show Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    I've been a bass player for almost 4 years now. I've been a guitar player for close to 40 years, though it has taken a back seat to the bass for those 4 years. I mostly play rhythm and enjoy it that way. My guitar player has been teaching me some guitar since I took up the bass and we formed our band. Been getting the urge to play guitar more and more. With my new vocals skills perhaps a Paul Stanley type of position doing something slightly harder than my present band. I'd even split guitar & bass duties if that's a possibility.
    Anyway, I just picked up this Hardluck Kings Spider guitar yesterday. I really dig it's Firebird looks, I'm sure some won't like the color, but it was definitely a factor in my decision to purchase it. They are solid mahogany and a good quality build. It has hot ceramic pickups, kinda dark sounding, great for Sabbath. I purchased it used with a nice factory HSC. It was setup perfect with super low action. I actually raised the strings a hair to fit my style better. Pretty sure he bought it and found between the color, shape and hot pickups it wasn't for him. I got a tremendous deal on it for less than 2 bills, he even brought it to me from a pretty good drive north of town. It's the first hardtail I've had in awhile, mostly have Floyds, take me back to my Les Paul daze, it weighs about the same as my Custom too.
    We Happy
    Peace N Chicken Grease

WP_20181126_010. WP_20181126_001.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. mellowinman

mellowinman Free Man

Oct 19, 2011
    Minneapolis
    ROCK OUT!

BurnOut likes this.
  3. Very cool looking guitar!!

But since I am forbidden by custom, training and alumni association from endorsing any purple object, just keep it between us.

BurnOut likes this.
  4. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Thanks!
    I've seen em in white which would be cool, but not at the tremendous deal I got. I actually have several pink guitars and basses, so the purple (lavender) sorta falls in line with my eclectic taste.
    And what could be better than whipping out some hard dark Sabbath or Maiden on a lavender guitar.

5. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Thanks Mellow, that's the plan here.

6. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    NICE... wrong handed, of course, but... nice. I like the color, too. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

BurnOut likes this.
  7. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    Thanks, the headstock is the correct handed for you at least, which I am quite happy it's reversed. I heard you get better low strings response with it going over the headstock with a longer length. That might be part of the reason it has the darker tone I'm really liking.

8. GIBrat51

GIBrat51 Innocent as the day is long Supporting Member

Mar 5, 2013
    Lost Wages, Nevada
    Yeah, I've heard that, too. It does make sense - kinda. But, who knows?:rolleyes:

BurnOut likes this.
  9. I always think about Peter's song when I see the brand name:

mellowinman and BurnOut like this.
  10. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    To my dearest friend @Son of Wobble, check out my new guitar. I've given up the bass to take on a Paul Stanley type of role singing and playing some rhythm guitar then singing some more. My only hope I can find a sexy training bra like Paul's, that will compete the illusion.

Son of Wobble likes this.
  11. BurnOut

Feb 1, 2015
    The Natti
    @Son of Wobble, check out my new guitar and provide us with some witty banter.

Son of Wobble likes this.