1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NGD TC Electronic TC 1144 Bass Preamplifier

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by brett adams, Sep 27, 2017.

1. Bought this on Reverb after reading a lot about the TC 1140. Can't find much about the TC 1144 online. No manual and only a few references to Ed Friedland, plus some really old threads. Anyone got one of these? Thoughts? Tips? Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 7.56.37 PM.png

2. it sounds good running directly into my power amp. haven't tried it in the effects loop of other preamps yet. guess there's nobody on here that has experience with this unit?

3. AFAIK the 1144 is a rebadged 1140. I remember a well known Dutch bass player (Michel van Schie) played through a 1140 live (and a DC300 and a Trace Elliot 4x10, sounded massive). Never used one, I did own the TC Dual Parametric EQ and the SCF pedals. Shouldn't have sold them... Back then TC made top notch analog gear.

steve66 and brett adams like this.