1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NHL 10 (EA Sports related)

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Fontaine, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    Today I picked up NHL10 for ps3, but I have to wait over a week to play it because my ps3 is broke and it's getting sent away tomorrow or on Tuesday.

Everyone I know who has the game says it's amazing, I was just wondering what is TB's opinion on this game??

What modes do you play and who's your favorite tram?

Feel free to add me on ps3, "Xorese"

I will definitely play as the Leafs (Toronto Maple Leafs)

2. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    Can't speak for 10,...but '09 was pretty good. From what I read 10 is supposed to be the Bee's Knees where you can apply better defensive pressure and your players will setup on the forecheck a lot better. Also the 1st person fight seems a little more realistic.

I've always played those games co-op with a buddy of mine so we can set plays,...pester the goalie in front of the net, pass to the point and get heavy bombs off,...get re-directions which was a little more realistic on '09. You are making me jones to play that game.

EDIT: I've owned a bunch of the EA NHL games,...96 on pc 99 on PS1, 02 and 08 on PS2 and my friend bought 09 for the 360. I only have a Wii anymore so,...perhaps he'll pick up NHL 10. We really need to learn the new control layout but we are so used to the "classic controls" that we always wind up switching to that on the new games.

3. Fontaine

Fontaine

Apr 27, 2006
    Yea I hear you about the new controls, I had 08 and I always switched to the classic controls, but my friends who switched to the "New" controls say it's much better. I think I'm going to change when I get my ps3 back:meh:

4. warwick.hoy

warwick.hoy

Aug 20, 2006
    Spokane, WA.
    Beta Tester: Source Audio.
    There seems to be a lot more you can do with the newer controls, dekes,...puck control etc...I've just never bothered to learn them.