1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NHL Playoffs: CANADIENS vs. HURRICANES

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Jazzin', Apr 20, 2006.

Who in How Many?

Poll closed Apr 28, 2006.
  1. Montreal in 4 Games

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Montreal in 5 Games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Montreal in 6 Games

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  4. Montreal in 7 Games

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  5. Carolina in 4 Games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Carolina in 5 Games

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  7. Carolina in 6 Games

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  8. Carolina in 7 Games

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

[​IMG]
    VS.
    [​IMG]

Discuss...

2. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I'll just repeat what I said in another thread. I picked the Canes in 6, but I'm glad it's them playing the Habs instead of us (the Sens).

Is it just me or is every single series gonna be awesome to watch this year? I mean, the 8th seed in the east is the reigning Stanley Cup champion, for crying out loud!

Yeah, I think the "New NHL" is a keeper.

-Nate

3. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    Sorry man, but I'm going with Carolina.

4. Jazzin'

You Sens are are lucky, If the Habs played the Sens first round...Habs in 4. But then we'd have to play the Canes the next round anyways, so might as well play them first.

GO HABS GO

5. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    Montreal...

Although Carolina has made the most of the new rules?

The cup deserves to be hoisted in Canada... Or Detroit!!!

6. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Man, if any of the Canadian teams (besides the Leafs, but they're out anyway) were to win this year I think there'd probably be national riots. Especially after we played so blowfully at the Olympics.

And I can't quite figure out Detroit. They've got a couple of old, old, old guys but enough young blood to still be competetive. Somehow they've straddled the lockout and they're still ripping it up. Now it just remains to be seen if their record was just inflated by playing crappy teams or not.

-Nate

7. Montreal in 6.

8. Jazzin'

The smell of upset is in the air.....aaa, what a sweet sweet smell.

9. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Check yer shoes for that 'sweet smell'.

Thanks Les Habitants for CHOKING vs. Jersey...3-0 lead with 5 minutes to go in the 2nd, Devils rebound for a 4-3 victory thus claiming the Eastern divsion.

The Whaler-Canes win this series in a laffer. No contest.

Buffalo & Philly should be a war.
    Droppin' 'em for the team!

...and dammit, where's my avatar?! My cheque's in the mail!

;)

10. Jazzin'

We did NJ a favor.

11. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Since my Caps never had a chance I will have to go with the Habs on this one. I can't stand the Canes.

12. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    That should be "Craps".

;)

13. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Here we go. I'm dropping the gloves. Wanna go?:D

Flyers:spit:

14. Jazzin'

First game is tonight. I really think the Habs are not the underdogs, it's just a common misconception.

15. Carolina has a fast team with capable scorers (read: Staal) and decent defense and goaltending. However, I'm confident that a strong Montreal team can beat them. On top of their game, Montreal has played some amazing games all year, and Carolina isn't playing they way they have earlier this season. However, I think both teams have been a bit shaky lately. I have a feeling this series will go both ways with both teams struggling a bit at first. Whoever can oranize their stuff first will take it.

I'm off to a friends house to watch the game - hockey party!

16. Jazzin'

6-1 baby!!!!!
    Amazing game. Huet was strong in net. Gerber was horrible compared to Huet. Carolina's in a big hole in terms of goaltending right now.

17. Jazzin'

Gerber.

18. nateo

nateo Schubie Fan #1

Mar 2, 2003
    Ottawa, Ontario
    I didn't get a chance to watch the game but it sure looks like the Habs are up for the challenge.

Actually, it looks like most of the series are going to be damn fun to watch. Sens took out Tampa 4-1, but we waited until the 3rd to really get rolling. It seemed like they were just getting stronger every shift, and do I ever love to watch the skate when they get rolling.

But who knows, Tampa could come out strong and give us a fight tonight (though I've still got the Sens in 5). I'm really curious what Carolina does to answer the Habs tomorrow.

-Nate

19. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    ...that oughta wake the Hurricanes up.
    'Canes win series 4-1...you'll see.

;)

I was actually on a gig, on the bandstand, as I saw Philly lose in OT. Yes, everyone in the club heard me yell "Sonuvabitch!" about a millisecond before the puck hit the twine.

...and how about that hit on Umberger?!
    Welcome to NHL Playoff hockey!!!

20. Montreal in 6!
    6-1 for the first game. Well started!!! :hyper:

But i'm afraid they gonna take it easy after that... Like past tuesday, when they lost 4-3 against new jersey, when they were winning 3-0 in the 2nd period...argh:mad:
    anyways... on va les avoir, les quart de finales! YEAH!

GO HABS GO!!!!!!