1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nice 1x15 Combo Amp, 2 months old!

Discussion in '[OLD FORUM] Bass Guitars, Amps, and Accessories: F' started by Hungoloid, Jan 22, 2001.

1. Hungoloid

Hungoloid

Jan 22, 2001
    Hey folks...

I bought a brand new Peavey 1x15 Combo Amp, and I need to sell it to get a car before I leave for college. Truthfully, I am dreading it, because this amp is real nice. I play a dominant role in a 5 piece band and this great piece of equipment has kept up with me against 2 guitar players a drummer and percussionist very well. Here are the details:

1x15 Black Widow Sheffield Speaker (The New Heavy Duty good quality stuff)

160 watts, bi-amped can handle up to 300-350w.

7 Band Equalizer (built in...sweet)

High Input and Low Input

Bright/Punch/Contour Buttons

Low/High and Master volume Knobs ranging from -15 to +15

Cross over Frequency Knob

Low/High Outputs

preamp input, poweramp output

+ and - grounding switch

and a rich built-in bass chorus effect with rate/depth knobs

I am also throwing in a footswitch for the chorus effect

It's hard for me to part with this equipment, so i am looking for someone to take good care of it. I have played two gigs with it, and practiced very little. It has some great sound and volume and the Equalizer makes your tone totally customizable. I have never played with the volume past 7, or the lows/highs past 8ish. There are only a few marks on the corner metal plates, other than that it is in totally prime condition. The retail price for it was over $625, and the footswitch was $30... and I am really hoping to get at least $500 for the whole setup.

It's definitely a great amp to have as an intermediate player who is beginning to explore new sounds and a great amount of playing power at a gig. In fact, any bass player would be happy owning and playing this little rig. I am the original owner...If anyone has any questions or if you are interested in buying, please do not hesitate to email me...

hungus@antionline.org

Thanks...

The Hungoloid

PS - I also have two basses I am considering selling (an Ibanez soundgear GSR200, and a great Fender Precision bass).