1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Nice acoustic bass - $250!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by bdgotoh, Jun 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bdgotoh

bdgotoh Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    SOLD!

I picked this up on TB awhile back and it's one of the nicer ABGs I've played but I'm not really an acoustic player so this has mostly collected dust.
    The back and sides are mahogany, the top is spruce, fingerboard is rosewood. Action is nice and it sounds good acoustically. Comes in a really fancy TKL black tolex hardcase. This is a steal! $250 shipped in the 48 states only.

[​IMG]

2. permagrin

permagrin

May 1, 2003
    San Pedro, CA
    Does the bass have a pickup? I had one of the ABG cases, very nice, very plush.

3. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Whoops, I forgot to mention all that! It has a piezo pickup under the saddle, and a three band preamp with volume control. The preamp controls and battery box are on the upper side so you can see them when it's in playing position. All factory original as far as I can tell.

4. DEbassist

DEbassist

Jul 7, 2006
    St. Louis
    Trades?

5. Bassist01545

Bassist01545

Jun 30, 2006
    Which model is it?

I'm interested

Thanks

6. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    More I should have mentioned, it's a Mitchell brand bass, made in Korea. I couldn't find any info on the net about the company.

The possible trade items I'm looking for currently are:

Bartolini 94J Jazz bridge pickup (quad coil)
    Markbass Little Mark II head
    DarkStar DS-2 pickup

7. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    bump

8. UBU

UBU

Nov 15, 2006
    NYC
    Nice looking bass. I had a Mitchell acoustic guitar in the late 80s, It was a solid instrument, I used to play "patience" on it all the time(lol).

9. BadMonk

BadMonk Enjoy The Ride

Feb 25, 2006
    Whitehall, PA
    pm sent

10. fresnorich

fresnorich

Sep 17, 2003
    Fresno, CA
    You say it sounds good acoustically... how is the volume when played unplugged (say compared to a Tacoma)?

11. airbass

airbass

May 24, 2007
    DFW Texas
    I'm in the market for an acoustic/electric bass and found one of these for sale this past weekend. Looks just like this one and comes with a case.

Anyone know if this bass would be better than the low end Ibanez/Johnson/Dean, etc.?

12. bdgotoh

Aug 6, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Sold!

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 2, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.