Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nice basses in Chile

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MKS, May 29, 2004.

1. I'm visiting Chile at the minute and happened across this guy's work. Really nice basses... I played a buckeye burl 6 string which sounded really nice. What was quite amazing though was the workmanship that went into the bass. 7 piece neck, really smooth lines. I even quite like the shape.

Anyone in South America know of this guy or have seen his work before? I'll post some of my own pics when I get home.

www.aysbass.com

[​IMG]

2. I have been on his site before....his instruments look very very nice i have to say...

Theres a bitta of everthing in there

Marleaux for me :)
    Warwick
    Fodera
    MTD

Truely as independant luither enjoyin what he does :)

3. He's also a very nice chap. Briefly chatted with him - my Spanish is pretty much non-existent and his English wasn't much better but I hope I conveyed that I was impressed by his work.

This picture kind of shows the smooth lines:
    [​IMG]

4. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    Some of his designs resemble the Ritter Okon, but without the cutaway on the upper horn. And check the name for the sc model, lol :D

Edit: I must be getting sleepy :eyebrow: the RF model seems to have a bigger string space between the A and D strings...off to bed :bag:

5. rusty

rusty

Mar 29, 2004
    Singapore
    Check out <a href="http://www.alfonsoiturra.com">Alfonso Iturra's basses</a> - they're real works of art. I really hope they play as well as they look though :p

His telephone number is
    (56-72) 64 36 75
    (0) 971 06 284

6. oversoul

oversoul fretless by fate

Feb 16, 2004
    Portugal
    OMG, that Octacord bass is freakin' WEIRD :eek:

7. capalito

capalito ----

Dec 27, 2002
    Ays basses are in the US.
    Luthier Jose Ananias makes a few of them only a year and each one of them is a jewel.
    Check them out at
    http://www.aysguitars.com
    [​IMG]

8. By-Tor

By-Tor

Apr 13, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Man, those are SWEET.