Nice Choices to have!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by SJan3, May 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    IMG_2200.JPG Every once in a while I feel the need to revisit my sound and, honestly, I just can't decide.
    I dig em both!
    Anyone else play this game on occasion?

2. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

Not me. My main amp covers all my needs. :)

Crowd crusher likes this.
  3. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    What do you use?

4. kasbrey

kasbrey

Aug 23, 2002
    York UK
    The Markbass Standard 121HR is a fine cab. I mostly use a TKS1126 (or 2) with my Quilter BB800 but for smaller gigs the 121HR is sounding great and getting many admiring comments.

SJan3 likes this.
  5. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

A tube pre-amp I designed and built, can be seen in the Amp Guts tread, driving a Carvin HD2000 Class D power amp into a pair of Acme B2 2x10s. :D

ghostinthemach likes this.
  6. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Sounds complicated!

7. SJan3

SJan3 Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Ct.
    Yes, very happy with the 121HR.
    I do have 2xAggie GS112s also and they're not that heavy and still have ceramic magnets. The 2 of them kick hard but I'd bet a second 121HR would be in the same league.

8. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Inactive

I take the front and rear covers off my 4U SKB case. Out of the back I pull the two SpeakOn cable ends to connect one to each cabinet. The power into a convenient socket. I plug my instrument cable into the front of the pre-amp and switch on. After about 20 second for the tubes to warm up I’m ready to go.

How much more complicated is that from your set up? :D

buldog5151bass and Crowd crusher like this.
  9. Jscriv

Jscriv

Feb 3, 2017
    Tonawanda NY
    I've got a SM400 running to an acoustic BN 4x12 (it was 300 bucks on clearance + some GC cash I didn't know I had) that I think I might toss an acoustic BN115 (also clearance) with. The tone hammer 500 is my next purchase in a few weeks and then it's off pair a cab or two with that. So far I actually dig the set/acoustic combo. Not sure what I'm going to do when I build out the Aggie rig

10. MrLenny1

MrLenny1

Jan 17, 2009
    New England
    I alternate between a GK MB500 and a TC RH450.

11. G-Dog

G-Dog What a fun place! Supporting Member

Bassman 500 w/115 cab or Rumble 500 combo. Either one alone or, very occasionally, both! Decisions, decisions . . . What is a poor boy to do?

IMG_20161202_131052.jpg