nice fodera

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by frederic b. hodshon, Aug 24, 2001.

1. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    many of you may have seen this already, but i thought i'd share anyway.

some of the nicest woodworking i've ever seen.

the back of this thing is equally amazing:

more pics at the site.

another interesting thing about this and the other Foderas on the BB site...

BB ran an ad on someone posted a flame about the prices of these basses.

everyone is entitled to an opinion. my beef with the flame was that it was posted on board for the exchange of gear...NOT A MESSAGE BOARD.

that person should be flayed.

anyhoo...regardless of price...gorgeous bass.

should i?.....ahhhhhhh, if were only a real bass, er uh, a fretless.

2. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I saw the flame on what a maroon. That happens occasionally. That Fodera has some great looking woods...almost be a shame to play it;)
  3. :eek: :eek: WOW!

Beautiful bass...
  4. Bass Guitar

Bass Guitar Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2001
    Cripes! That is an exotic looking bass! You almost want to hang it over your mantlepiece and admire it all day... It's beautiful! :eek:
  5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

The top looks like spalted maple, but what is the back? Flamed walnut, or some exotic wood that I've never heard of it?
  6. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    Look like flame walnut to me.
  7. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    here's the description from

Neck: 5 piece maple/bubinga (?), neck through with angled headstock. headstock has flamed maple sides with ebony accent/chestnut veneer (front) and ebony accent/figured walnut (back).

Fingerboard: ebony with select abalone block inlays and purfling on face (small dots on side), maple/purpleheart binding, special (lapis lazuli?) inlay at 24th fret.

Body: mahogany, with bookmatched figured (spalted, flamed, and burled!) chestnut top w/ebony accent laminate; bookmatched figured walnut back w/ebony accent laminate.

Finish: satin.

yow is right!!!!!!

8. Aaron

Jun 2, 2001
    Bellingham, WA
    it looks nice, but i wouldn't want it, unless it sounded nice. I have basses to play, not to look at. But looking nice is okay.
  9. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    I just bought a used Fodera (#2) with a Chestnut top!! Not quite like this one...but still a very very nice top. Man what a great looking bass!!
    I am pretty sure its sounds nice too.
  10. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    ive got a new fodera bolt on 5 with a flame top and duncan dual coils coming on monday. if i like it as much as think im going to, i might have to order another with a figured chestnut top like that.
  11. Bass7755

Bass7755 Supporting Member

Oct 27, 2000
    Roanoke, Va.
    Hey narud.I got my first Fodera 5 Elite, Alder body,Flamed Maple top about 14 months ago. the neck was a little fussy at first but a few tweeks on the truss rod and it plays wonderful now!! It is just a fantastic bass!!! I really love it MORE every day. I just bought my second Fodera this week. Did I say that in another post?? Our Gateway crashed and i am on the wife's this thisngs!!