1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Nice G&L Tobacco 'Burst L2000 Tribute

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by The Diaper Geni, Oct 18, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Diaper Geni

The Diaper Geni Submissive. And loving it. Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Just got this and need to flip it. Time for a new car. And, welllll......I guess I have just the teensiest bit of GAS for a straight up Precision. Just the teensiest. :D

Got this here from a great local-to-me TBer, WillieB.

It's a VGC G&L L2000 Tribute. IIRC, Bill never gigged it and I have gigged it once. MII. Very nice tobacco 'burst with a matching headstock. Really sweet grain on this one. Just a hair under 9.5 lbs. Nut width is 1 11/16th by my measurement. Comes with a good condition but fairly inexpensive HSC.

Build quality on this bass is excellent, IMO. Tight neck pocket and the finish looks great. I have it set up with medium action just the way I like it. I do get the slightest bit of fret buzz on the G string around the 15th fret. This is quite common with me, though, as I tend to "over play" with my right hand. Hence my need for medium action. Worth a mention for full disclosure.

I've had many G&L L2000's (Tribby's and USA) and this is one of the nicer ones. Just a fantastic growl out of the neck pickup with the preamp engaged. In passive mode it's got that nice, dark "woody" tone going on. I also really dig the neck. Reminds me of the early 80's G&L's, but with just a slightly thicker neck, front to back, at the nut.

If you've been curious about trying out a G&L, or need a great backup, then look no farther. I dare you to get a better bass for the money. DOUBLE dare you.

$440 shipped/insured east of the Mississippi. $460 shipped/insured west.

EDIT: I'll throw in a set of barely used Thomastik-Infeld Powerbass strings that aren't getting used around here.

2. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
  3. match

match

Jan 4, 2008
    Merced, CA 95340
    Very nice.

4. fearceol

fearceol

Nov 14, 2006
    Ireland
    That's a beautiful bass...at a great price.

GLWS.

5. Reprise

Reprise Supporting Member

Aug 3, 2012
    Illinois
    I will PM you later about this one...awesome Tb'er...bought from him before...all good :thumbup:

6. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    it is a beautiful bass I picked it out for the nice grain in the body.
    all kinds of sounds possible ... and the best thing ... an active/passive switch.
    batteries scare me !!! :O

7. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Hey guys, thanks for the kind words!

Mark, PM returned.

And Bill, I'd just looooove to snag one of those great Precisions you have! But you ain't sellin' and I don't have the scratch anyway. :(

8. WillieB

WillieB Battling Bass Guitar Bulimia since 1975 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Columbus Ohio
    the '57 is on the block at a great price .... bump for the as new G&L at $200 less than list.

9. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Purge mode, Bill? What you got going on over there?? :eyebrow:

10. shackled

shackled

Jun 25, 2009
    Western NY
    Nice bass.
    Great price!
    GLWTS

11. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Hey guys: This one is tentatively On Hold. Stay tuned in the next day (or two or three?).

12. The Diaper Geni

Nov 22, 2005
    Central Ohio
    Closed for now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.