Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nice looking Swedish bass amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bmc, Dec 21, 2004.

1. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Was surfing www.jam.se and found this great looking amp. JJ Labs is a Swedish brand that has changed their look. Choose "basvforstarkare" in the menu choices and scroll down.

300 watts. 4x10 cab and a 1x15 cab.

Any of the TB' ers in Sweden know anything about these? The prices aren't bad.

bmc

2. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    It´s an ampline designed by the staff at that store and manufactured in Korea. It´s directimported and really good value for the money. I haven´t got the chance to try them out yet.

BTW there is also a 600W head and a better 410 and 1x18 cab.

3. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    Hi Jock...I was going to title my thread "Calling on Jock". Glad you responded.

I periodically trip over to their website. The amp line looks good in the new colors. Are they tube or otherwise? I get the sense that they are competitive with Hartke/Ashdown Mag/Behringer priced gear from what you say.

Are they located in Stockholm?

4. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The 300W is all solidstate but the 600W has a tube in the preamp if I´m not mistaken at least they claim that it can be mixed between solid state and tube state.
    And yes they are located in Stockholm.
    The cabs seem well made out of plywood and not cheap particle board.

5. Suckbird

Suckbird Banned

May 4, 2004
    Sweden
    Jam has 3 stores, göteborg, västerås and stockholm.

6. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    [​IMG]

7. bmc

bmc

Nov 15, 2003
    Switzerland
    I have to get back to Sweden. Although I have been happily married for 18 years, I find the women in Sweden just gorgeous. Even the ugly ones are beautiful. :D

So...are those amps special or ho hum?

bmc

8. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    The older version of the small 300W and 410 was reviewed in a Swedish Music mag and got a fair review. It was good value for money and you get what you pay for. The older version has been updated now but I dont know what changes was made except for the plywood being used instead of particleboard.
    And I agree about the women here... :cool:

9. Mobay45

Mobay45 The artist formerly known as "Big Daddy"

Apr 28, 2004
    Irving, TX
    Pics? :hyper: