1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nice move Waffle House employee!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Stinsok, Apr 24, 2010.

1. Stinsok

Stinsok Supporting Member

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    My wife asked me this morning if I got cash back when I ate at the Waffle House in Rockmart, Ga. last week. "No, I didn't!" There were two charges made to my debit card from that location. The first, for my meal and 20% tip. The second, was made shortly after I left for the sum of $30.00!

I contacted WH corporate through their website and within an hour I was contacted by phone concerning the matter. I was pleased and suprised by that! They promised to get to the bottom of the matter and refund my money.

2. Demon_Hunter

Demon_Hunter

Jun 8, 2008
    It's nice to get a response like but I'm curious as to why you just didn't call the restaurant directly?

3. Because contacting the corporate office could result in a free meal. :D

4. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    A buddy was ripped for over $900 that way. They traced it to a KFC. Somehow they can take your card, duplicate it and go on shopping sprees. :eyebrow:

5. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama

That was my first action. The voice on the phone told me "we're real busy on Saturday and the manager is on the grill...can you call back later?"

6. *Oh sure- I'll call back later, right after I call corporate to arrange for you a nice reaming. Buh-bye!* :)

7. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. It sucks, but what makes it worse is that I eat there regularly. I also work for one of WH's vendors and I am easily recognized as one (uniform, 18 wheeler.)

8. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    I would've called my bank first, but maybe I'm old fashioned.

9. Stinsok

Dec 16, 2002
    Central Alabama
    My credit union makes it as hard as possible to dispute charges. We will have to physically go to a branch and fill out a dispute form. It's Saturday and they are closed. Besides, I like to raise hell on all fronts.

10. Unrepresented

Unrepresented Something Borderline Offensive

Jul 1, 2006
    San Diego, CA
    Fair enough, I'd just want to make sure the rest of my limited assets would be protected from further loss.

11. It just goes to show how easy it is to steal money and identities through this whole "Credit or Debit" way of payment that's gotten so easy and popular these days. I think about this almost every time I give my card to someone through a drive through. I can't really see what they're doing with it so all I can do is "trust" them.

12. EBodious

EBodious

Aug 2, 2006
    Iowa
    this is very true. on the other hand, i have gotten two free tanks of gas over the last ten years from using my debit card. the charge just never went thru.

13. Stealing is bad.

14. TheDarkReaver

TheDarkReaver Banned

Mar 20, 2006
    Lincolnshire, UK
    Good boy, now finish your dinner and get ready for bed. If you're lucky you may even get a story.

15. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    I use cash most of the time for this reason

16. I ****in' loooooove stories.

17. RWP

RWP

Jul 1, 2006
    Credit card > Debit card. If you get ripped off just call the CC company and they take care of it no fuss. With a debit card they HAVE YOUR MONEY. It's harder to get YOUR money back than have the CC company get THEIR money back. They are really really really good at it. :hyper:

18. Simo98

Simo98

Jun 18, 2009
    QLD, Australia
    A guy I know has managed to save over 5 grand buying things on his credit card, two big ticket items ($3500 and $1500) on two different occasions, paid on credit card, got his statment and nothing was charged. Like a good upstanding citizen he went back to the company to check if everything was ok and they said the payment went through fine..

His only guess is they managed to get the numbers wrong and it happened to match up with someone elses CC, who didn't realise they spent an extra 5k that month, or the bank had a major screw-up.