1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

SOLD Nice Peavey Grind

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by mattsk42, May 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I have tried to sell this before, but I had a much higher price. It is a Peavey Grind NTB 4 string. Brand new EB Slinky strings, been semi-set up for intonation, action, etc. It sounds very nice to me, not as cheap as some would rate it. Retailed around 900, sold for around 500, sells now for $350-390. I'm looking for the best offer. Let me know. It has a gig case, and I can include straplocks and semi-matching strap if you would like. It looks like this, but not quite as red. It's hard to give it a real color, it changes with the light some.

BassandHouse020.

2. Not looking for a trade on a bass. Interested in about anything else, though.

3. stifled_1

stifled_1

Mar 20, 2006
    How does the bass sound? Can you post an audio clip?

4. I know there's an audio clip floating around somewhere, I heard one before. It can sound like a lot of different tones. It has a good variety. I played smooth jazz passive-type stuff mostly, but also did modern and classic rock with it. I guess they're ok slappers, but I never got good enough to tell. I'll look for that audio clip when I get back in an hour or so, but like I said, it's pretty versitile. Maybe someone else could post and describe it better? If they'd be so inclined.... :hyper:

5. I couldn't find the clip. They have the right sized pickups so you can easily replace them. If you look, there's been a lot of sales for modified ones. I didn't have any real problem with the pickups, though. Here's some reviews, and some opinions on the sound. http://www.zzounds.com/productreview--PEVGRNTB4

6. bump for an awesome bass!!!

I just recently traded my 6 string Ibby for one here on TB, that was equiped with EMG DCs and a 2-band pre, and it rocks!! Guys, this bass is UBER light too! Very easy on the back, and it looks way cool! A definate head turner!

Good luck man!

-Ryan

7. Thanks! I agreee. If I wasn't so lazy, it would be a fun bass to try some different pickups in. I've always wanted to, lots of people love them with various EMG configurations.

8. BassandHouse021.

BassandHouse022.

NOW TRADED!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.