1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nice to Meet Ya

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Scophile, Jul 12, 2012.

1. Scophile

Scophile Supporting Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Chino Hills California
    Every time I got on the internet to research some new gear, guess which forum was always at the top of the list? So, that's why joined. Everyone here seems so well knowledged.
    Right now I'm Jonesing (is there there even a correct spelling for that?!) for a combo. Of sourse, the Scout has good tube mojo, but the discontinued M3 Carbine combo has uber tube tone and is not apologetic about it. It is also uber heavy.
    There's the rub. I want light weight with tone, but uber tube dripping tone weighs substantially more.
    The M3 is about a grand and 75lbs. The Scout is 50-60lbs and $1000-$1500. The smart money would seem to be on the M3.
    Right now I'm playing in a three piece blues indoors and outdoors, but also play in various arrangements from time to time.
    Still have an Eden 800WT should things get ugly, but I'm too old to be schlepping more than a combo these days. "Travel light, but travel right"
    I've even toyed with the idea of a small head to plop on top of my SWR Goliath III, which would make it a combo on steriods. I'm oK with that too. The Eden is a great head, but I want to get back to tube.

Scott