1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

For Sale Nicest P Ever? Fender American P w Stuff (Babicz, Hipshot, etc)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Quadzilla, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

Strings:
    20140315_094537_zpst279gjet.

In my search for the best playing P in local shops I played dozens of P's and I hand selected this P bought it brand new mid-last year. Excellent condition. Crazy awesome player (low action, etc) - again, this one stood out to me as the best of a couple dozen I played then.

Upgrades:
    Black Babicz Bridge (cost me $130)
    Black Hipshot Ultra Lights (cost me over $100)
    Black String tee
    Black Alloy Knurled Knobs (flat-top - much like the OEM Fender's in terms of shape and feel)
    Dunlop Strap Locks (these are the version that also double as strap buttons)

This is the American Special with a satin finish on the back of the neck and is also slightly thinner front to back that the P Standard (same nut width), which I strongly prefer and recommend over the Standard P (which has more of a baseball bat profile). This neck is certainly faster than a standard P neck and the satin finish on the back is oh-so-nice!

I get complements on the tone almost every gig. Plays like butter! Sickest playing P I've ever owned. $840 with gig bag. If you want a Fender tolex case (G&G in great shape), add $85.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  2. Arch58

Arch58 Supporting Member

Dec 18, 2009
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Trades?

3. Quadzilla

Sorry, I'm selling to buy back a bass that I sold to another TBer years ago, so I can't accept trades in this case.

4. TheDialog

TheDialog Supporting Member

Nov 23, 2008
    Baltimore
    Nice bass from an even nicer gent.

Quadzilla likes this.
  5. Quadzilla

Bump!

6. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    I'm interested! PM incoming.

7. Quadzilla

Tag you're it! ;)

8. fclefgeoff

fclefgeoff Supporting Member

Jan 3, 2002
    Illinoize
    Sweet! Payment sent!!

9. Quadzilla

and......(drum - roll please)......sold!!!!