1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nicest?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by HGS, Sep 18, 2010.

1. A

35 vote(s)
    29.4%
  2. B

41 vote(s)
    34.5%
  3. C

20 vote(s)
    16.8%
  4. D

23 vote(s)
    19.3%
  1. HGS

HGS

Mar 31, 2010
    USA
    Out of these P-basses which do you think is best color-wise?

A
    [​IMG]

B
    [​IMG]

C
    [​IMG]

D
    [​IMG]

2. blue and gold. BE BOLD

3. Muaguana

Muaguana

Jul 28, 2009
    No such thing as "best color-wise." Judging color is purely subjective and wholly dependent on a person's aesthetic taste. Therefore, it is useless for me or anyone to tell you what color is "best," since that judgment applies only to the individuals making said judgment and not to you.

That said, the black and gold wins.

4. None of them.

Those anodized gold pickguards are hideous.

5. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    I dislike the Navy Blue. Blizzard Pearl is nice but not with that pickguard. Black looks fine. But IMO Chrome Red looks best.

In any case, that Active P is a Fantastic bass!

6. +1

7. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    The only thing that goes with a gold pickguard is a purple bass, with a cape, cane, and clear platform shoes with fish swimming in them to match

8. Antares

Antares

Jul 18, 2009
    Austin, TX
    If i had to chose it would be black. But im not a fan of the gold pick guard at all.

9. M0ses

M0ses

Sep 11, 2009
    Los Angeles
    ..........................fish inside the shoes????????

10. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    [​IMG]

11. fasto

fasto

Mar 4, 2007
    Amsterdam, NL
    E) all ugly

12. BrBss

BrBss

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    I like A and D, but...

I hate those gold pickguards.

13. Fetzu

Fetzu

Sep 6, 2007
    Tampa, Florida
    C
    But change the pickguard. I don't like gold either.

14. OlSkewl56

OlSkewl56

May 26, 2007
    South Texas
    D, have one, but a maple F/B. Maple board makes the gold tolerable with any of the colors (IMHO).

15. selowitch

selowitch Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2005
    Rockville MD
    The great things about that particular bass are the unusually comfortable neck; the nifty, useful electronics and pickups; and the low price. You can often get one of these for less or the same as a MIM Standard Jazz, so I'd go ahead and budget for a replacement pickguard (custom).

OTOH, The gold pickguard would likely look okay with cream pickup covers. Too bad the Noiseless J bridge pickup cover isn't removable.

16. Agreed.

I pick A but with a white pick guard.

17. Fiset

Fiset I do a good impression of myself

Jan 13, 2007
    New York
    Forced to choose, I'd go with the black and gold but I agree with those who think the gold pickguard is hideous.

18. Black and gold and slap one of these on 'er...

41BM3lUu%2BwL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

19. Stumbo

Stumbo Guest

Feb 11, 2008
    I like the gold pick guard. Black and gold is cool. I'd probably buy D because when wearing black on stage, it would stand out and look good against a black background.

20. +1

I like gold guards.

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 25, 2021