1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nicholas Cage appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Bad Brains, Sep 13, 2008.

1. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I feel like I'm alone, but Cage is a great actor. I will be the first the admit he has made some horrible choices regarding movies he agreed to be in, but overall he's a badass. Leaving Las Vagas is of course his highlight movie. This is a thread dedicated to Nicholas Cage.

Actor Nicholas Cage.
    movrf73.

2. dsDodgers

dsDodgers Banned

Sep 7, 2008
    sunny so cal
    there was a thing on yahoo about his hair in his movies, i gotta go find it

no disrespect to him or this thread still love gone in 60seconds and matchstik men

3. He's a great actor IMO.

Loved him in Lord of War.
    Loved him in Con-Air.
    Great look too.
    Yeah.
    You're not alone. People are hearing you scream :D

4. He's a good actor. IMHO, his best effort as an actor was in that movie with Cher..........Moonstruck??

5. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Correction - his best acting was in Adaptation. Great flick.

6. you kiddin'? this is where it's at!

[​IMG]

7. Wilbyman

Wilbyman

Sep 10, 2003
    Parkersburg, WV
    I'm sorry. I like Raising Arizona (and Leaving Las Vegas) as much as anybody but this guy's acting and choice of roles (not to mention hairpieces) has been absolutely atrocious in the last 5 years. I would just appreciate it if he would NOT make a third National Treasure. Although, I have to say he and Jon Voight really do deserve each other. (Thank you for Anaconda Mr. Voight!)

Honorable mention for Face-Off though.

Now, can I get a Bill Murray appreciation thread plz? :)

8. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I hate this man almost as much as I hate Ben Stiller

9. [​IMG]

Personally I think his acting has been slipping, just like his hairline, for about a decade or so. He's made some REALLY poor choices or he has a crappy agent.

But I do love the early Nick Cage.

10. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Absolutely. That plus Raising Arizona are the only two movies I can think of where I thought that Nick Cage was really great.

bc

11. bonzo4880

bonzo4880

Sep 16, 2007
    Baltimore, MD
    sorry to crap on your parade but i gotta side with general electric on this one. the overwhelming majority of his movies have been absolute crap, especially in the last 7-10 years. and what really bothers me is that i feel like hes just playing HIMSELF in all of the movies. same accent, same facial expressions, same forlorn look at moments of sadness, same crap. he's not terribly handsome, has bad hair, why do people put up with him? OH YEAH he's Francis Ford Coppola's nephew. granted he did change his last name, ill give him credit for that. but hes still a no talent hack.

12. Lorenzini

Lorenzini

Dec 31, 2004
    Los Angeles
    He isn't a no talent hack, but he's also not the greatest actor to walk the face of the earth. So what?

I liked him in Face Off and Con Air was just hilarious! The guy just makes ridiculous movies most of the time. I need to see Lord of War... I heard that was more serious

13. My biggest problem with Nicholas Cage's acting/roles, whatever, is that when many actors assume the role of a character, they become that character. Cage, however, always seems to be playing himself. Not literally, of course, but that is the feeling I get from watching him act. He's not a character in the movie, he's Nicholas Cage playing a character. Doesn't mean there haven't been some decent movies with him in it, though.

Just my two cents, of course.

14. The Rock!

"Look, I'm just a biochemist. Most of the time, I work in a little glass jar and lead a very uneventful life. I drive a Volvo, a beige one. But what I'm dealing with here is one of the most deadly substances the earth has ever known, so what say you cut me some FRIGGIN' SLACK? "

15. gkbass13

gkbass13 Supporting Member

Mar 29, 2006
    Chicago

i agree 100%. one of my least favorite mainstream lead actors. is never different in anything. adaptation and raising arizona are his best works. and the most enjoyable thing hes ever been in, imo, is the youtube clip about wicker man highlights.....highly encourage everyone to watch it.

16. The Rock and Face off are two of my favourite movies ever. Ghost Rider is my least favourite. Go figure.

17. I don't really like Nick Cage that much, I think its more poor choice in movies. Though I do like the Rock and Matchstick Men.

18. The Weatherman was a really interesting movie with him in it. I am not a big fan of his acting, or lack thereof.

lowsound

19. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I just saw Windtalkers. That movie was terrible...

20. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I can't see why people say he is a badass though, I've never "bought" him as an action hero or whatever, he just seems so limp and unengaging. I know I'm probably missing out by failing to appreciate his work though. And the fact that he stars in lame movies... :meh: