Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by page, Jan 17, 2005.

1. I was wondering through some downloaded Tom Waits songs and I found a version of Wonderful Life with Tom Waits and this Nick Cave guy. Well, i liked it so I searched for more stuff with Nick Cave. I downloaded Tupelo,Messiah Ward, and There is a town. I really like those songs but cant seem to be able to download any more. So what album do you guys suggest???

I usually stray away from GH collections but a review I read on Caves Gh said that it was much better than any other GHs , What say you guys???

Any other fans out there???
  2. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds are pretty prolific and amazingly consistent. I've never heard a bad review of a Bad Seeds album (or rather, a reasonable bad review). I have "No More shall we Part" which I really like, apparently "From Her to Eternity", "Abbatoir Blues" and "Tender Prey" are also supposed to be notable as well.

I don't have his Greatest hits collection, though I also have heard that it's very good as well. I wouldn't get it but if you want to be introduced to some of his greatest work, I would look there (most of his albums have their weaker moments, they're sparse, but they are there).
  3. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Nick Cave has a pretty cool/weird appearance in the movie Johnny Suede too.

brad cook
  4. DougP

Sep 4, 2001
    Let Love In is one of my favorites by him.
  5. Erlendur Már

Erlendur Már

May 24, 2000
    Nick Cave is amazing. You should buy all the cd's you can find.
  6. Do like I do: go to a library, find the Cave collection, take them home. Listen to them and buy the ones you like.

Cave makes music like I have never heard before (not that I know that much music, but still...). Has some very nice lyrics too.