Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nick Oliveri and Richard Bona

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Para_Ebola, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Para_Ebola

Para_Ebola

Jul 25, 2002
    hi. I've only been playing bass for a few weeks so perhaps my opinion doesn't have much weight(tho i've been playing guitar and other instruments for several years), but i thought i'd just highlight the greatness of these two bassists, as i saw they hadn't been given any mention on the boards thus far. After seeing both of them live withing weeks from each other(oliveri plays for queens of the stone age), i decided to buy a bass. Nick creates amazing grooves, somewhat similar to the bassist who played in The Jimi hendrix Experience, and Bona does things i never believed an instrument with 4 strings could do.

what are your thoughts?

what gear do they use?

2. barroso

barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    Italia
    don't know about Bona but Olivieri is a gerat rock'n roll bass player! i interviewed him a cople of time, he use different Precision bass. sometime PJ of J. usually he uses Fender Precision, he used to play Squier too. Amps are Ampeg. i have seen him using old SVT, he has a particular way to use the cabinets he anlges the cabs quite one in front of the other to have a boomy sound.
    [​IMG]

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Richard Bona has been mentioned many many times on these boards - a search would find these threads. When I've seen him, he has often been playing a 5-string!! ;)