??Nickel Rounds with Low-Midrange/Midrange Emphasis??

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Modern Growl, Aug 8, 2005.

1. nemo

Mar 19, 2004
    You might try Fender 7150M pure nickel. In comparison, the DR Sunbeams have more bass, and sort of subdued mids. Fenders have slightly less bass but sweet mids and pleasant highs. They're not expensive too.
  2. Stop guessing and go with TI Jazz Rounds :D
  3. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Another TI product to consider might be the Superalloys. They sound great on my Lakland USA JO.
  4. bassman blue, how do the TI jazz rounds compare to the superalloys? I think i wotn like TI jazz rounds due to small gauging.
  5. r379, what about the TI superbass? Do the superalloys have more mid empasis?
  6. r379

Jul 28, 2004
    Dallas, Texas
    Not familiar with Superbass strings. If you mean Powerbass strings I've never tried them. Sooner or later you'll have to bite the bullet and experiment for yourself. Nobody will really be able to decide what you like except you. Try a set of something and if you don't like them at least you'll have a starting point. You'll know what you don't like and we can go from there.
  7. thanks!

anyone else recomend anything else but TI's?
  8. sorry, never tried the super alloys.
  9. DavePlaysBass

Mar 31, 2004
    TI flats definitely bark the mid range thing. I would try Super Alloys, Jazz Rounds, or TI Power Bass if you are opposed to flats.

10. Hey everyone, check out my comparitive review of about 5 strings under "Growly Nickels?" - I put some effort into it, but noticed not too many people checking it out.

I tried TI Superalloys and Powerbass, my review is in there. I've yet to try Jazz Rounds, which I'm excited to try.