Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

nickelback + rocks = hilarious

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by silent method, Apr 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    Seen that before, but it's hilarious.

2. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Hahahahahahahahaha.
    I sort of feel bad, but nah.. :D

3. john turner

john turner You don't want to do that. Trust me. Staff Member Administrator

Mar 14, 2000
    atlanta ga
    wow, that sucks. i mean, i'm not much for them or their music, but it's lame that folks respond that way. all these folks are going to get is a lack of performers - i doubt folks are going to want to perform at a concert where they are going to get hit with rocks. maybe that's what they want.

4. A little provocative - but highly amusing nevertheless. :D :D

:bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag: :bag:

5. I totally agree and as much as i hate nickleback if i had paid my money to see them play and some idiot was throwing rocks and the band left i would be pretty po'ed, fortunatly i didnt pay and i can just sit here and laugh about it.

6. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    that is very humerous. i think i would have laughed more if i saw the rocks hit them before they stopped playing.

honestly. i hate that band with a passion.

on a side note. did you hear when he hit that one note on the bass? that sounded horrific.

7. you can see one go right through his hair when he askes if they want to go home

8. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    no i saw that one, im saying i wish i could see rocks hitting them before he put the guitar down. i only saw the one before he said goodbye.

when does england wake up? i cant wait for nick to chime in.

9. lol agreed

10. xshawnxearthx

xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    its pretty sad when you are an arena rock band but have such a horrible tone.

anyway, i wonder if this was like a fest or if they were opening for someone else? why would people pay to see them, then throw rocks? i mean, i wonder why people just pay to see them, but why waste your money?

if you havent realized, i really hate this band.

11. I would much rather that they throw beers at me instead of rocks.

Bras and panties are ok if they are clean. Beers are fine, and mini shot bottles too. But I draw the line at rocks and ashtrays.

12. Whether you hate a band or not, it's pathetic to throw rocks at them. They deserve more respect than that, and I am absolutely not a fan. I wouldn't be surprised if the people throwing rocks went home in a state more resembling damaged goods than anything else.

13. Hollow Man

Hollow Man Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2003
    Springfield, VA
    I'm with John; I think it's terrible that people would do that. You want to heckle? Fine. Throwing stuff is a different story, and is definitely not cool. There's a lot of stuff on the radio that I can't stand, but I'm not about to injure someone over it.

14. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    When I saw Incubus, Har Mar Superstar opened for them and the same thing happened, but I think his schtick was to sing awful pop songs and piss off the audience. And strip to his schivys. :eyebrow:

Made Incubus look amazing; maybe that was the reason for the billing?

15. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I saw Glen Matlock(Sex Pistols) playing bass with Iggy when a beer bottle smashed across the body of the bass he was playing onstage. It really was bad, and he just walked off. Iggy was being pelted too, they were playing quite well, but they just up and left. I felt bad for them.

I have never been hit with anything while onstage, and I hope I never am, it would suck, and I would probably not handle it well either.

16. Hmm, I dunno what's worse... a bunch of idiots at a concert throwing rocks at a band, or a bunch of bassists on a message board who want these rocks to actually hit someone.

I sure hope you're not intending on performing out in public lest you someday become the recipient of a rock in your direction.

As much as I despise Nickelback, and as much moreso that taste is subjective, this is a bit much...

And to think Axl Rose got sued for retaliating on a dink that threw something at him and hit him... I think that's preposterous. I think Axl had every ight to kick that person's ass...just his aim was bad and hit that girl by mistake....(so yeah, the girl had every reason to sue, but you get my meaning)

17. Edited by Mod: BB

Nick, I've tried to look the other way, I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, I tried to believe there was some common sense behind your opinionated drivel. Enough.

If you don't have it in you to: articulate an opinion without being abrasive, derisive of others (when and if you acknowledge them at all) or just being a plain old pain in the ass, You don't belong here.

You've been banned once, maybe it wasn't entirely your fault, but the fact remains it had to be done and it can and will be done again if you don't fall into line. We have very clear rules you agreed to abide by. It's time you took another look at them.

18. Post deleted by Mod

Man, what a waste of time

Thank you for reporting this, folks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.