Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by flames, May 20, 2002.

1. flames

flames Guest

Jun 30, 2001
    my house
    what is this- something about nickelback getting more money from roadrunner records and roadrunner records taking money from other bands on the label or the money the other bands earned for roadrunner and giving it to nickelback- i missed something someone fill me in
    i brought this up when corey taylor from slipknot was talking about money they earned what is this about?
  2. rablack

Mar 9, 2000
    Houston, Texas
    nickelback?... slipknot?... I'm going to make two guesses:

1) those are probably bands; and,
    2) you've stumbled into the DB forum without realizing it.
  3. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    Calling those guys "bands" or "musicians" would be stretching it quite a bit. More like "guitar holders".
  4. Tim Ludlam

Tim Ludlam

Dec 19, 1999
    Carmel, IN
    Quote from FLAMING

"metal or nu-metal is good but it has become so thing 10 year olds listen to
    my sister is ten and wants a slipknot cd
    now if i didnt have a lock on my door she would have mine. she is 10 she has no anger. it is annoying because kids who dont even understand all the polotics or lyrics are listening to this stuff and they dont know what it says. nu-metal is a fad now i love it before it was huge like it is now. all these good bands are going to die i feel bad for alot of them. so when or if i ever have a metal band i want to be fairly famous but not famous with ten year olds."

I would love to be filled in on the "polotics" of slipknot.

No, scratch that. I really don't care.
  5. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Nickelback? Those chin-pubed growly-voiced vat-grown MTV-bred clones?

If someone's taking their money, I say let it be me.
  6. Chris Fitzgerald

Chris Fitzgerald Student of Life Staff Member Administrator

Oct 19, 2000
    Louisville, KY

Hi, welcome to talkbass. When it says "DB" on the forum header, it stands for "Double Bass". There are those who contend that it stands for "Dude, i'm Baked" or "Da Bomb", but these people are sadly mistaken.

In light of this fact, I'll be moving this to the Big Guitar forum, from whence its spirit came.
  7. No one's taking their money, they're taking money from other people and giving it to Nickelback. Basically, I'm not surprised, the most marketable get the best treatment. They should battle Kemuri! Kemuri would go "Super-Galatic-Zoid" on them. Kemuri's sooooooo cool, so much better than all the other bands on Roadrunner.

S-K-A 4 LIFE!
  8. flames

flames Guest

Jun 30, 2001
    my house
    oops sorry i wasnt stoned at the time i just messed up
  9. This thread was amusing. Even though I'm completely confused as to the subject matter of the initial post, I found the Knights of Castle Double Bass quite humorous.

You don't say. :D