nicknames

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by buldog5151bass, Jan 12, 2015.

1. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    Anybody out there have a good band nickname? Drummer in my jazz band calls me "QNW" (Quarter Note Whore).

2. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

My guitarist calls me Jaco and not in a complementary way.:D

Usually when we are making fun of each other.

I call him Yngwie. :p

3. RustyAxe

RustyAxe

Jul 8, 2008
    Connecticut
    I was the defacto BL in a now defunct band ... they called me PHB ... Pointy Haired Boss ... an allusion to the Dilbert comic strip.

4. AuBassMan

AuBassMan Supporting Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Central Virginia
    BL/singer calls me the backup man...I always bring a back up for most everything, even a back up for the back up lol. Back up head...a back up for that, DI box...back up bass, extra strings...I have lights and a dongle to run them wireless, back up is a light board and if that goes down...foot switch and slave them together.

S-Bigbottom likes this.
  5. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Jaco, Django, Satchmo, & Ringo.

6. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I'm seeing a pattern here. If they go for Harpo or Zeppo, hit them over the head with the bass.

2saddleslab likes this.
  7. tedious1

tedious1

Feb 14, 2014
    For a long time it was Kitty.

A few years ago we had an out of town show blow up on us rather late in the day. So the band decided to get polluted, hang around the drummer's place and watch movies. Monsters Inc. came on and the scene where the little girl first sees Sulley and exclaims "Kitty!", at that point, the singer turns to me, pokes me straight in the Pillsbury Dough-boy and says "Kitty!"

8. Bob-I

Bob-I

Sep 12, 2014
    This started maybe 30 years ago. Since my middle name is Starr my duo partner started calling me Bobby Starr, long before THE Bobbi Starr was even born. Don't know who Bobbi Starr is? If you decide to google her don't do it at work or in front of children, trust me.

9. My nick name is broadcast cause of me leather like lungs.

10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021