Nickthebassist's band recording, hosting it for him, here it is

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Figjam, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
  2. cgworkman

May 14, 2004
  3. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    He's playing in a pop-punk band?

I know I'm going to come off as an *******, but did't Nick always say he'd never just follow rhythms and play what the guitarist is playing? That sounds exactly what he is doing. Although pop-punk doesn't require much. I'd advise him listening to some Rancid and Pennywise. That'd help him spark some creativity.
  4. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Its Nick, what can ya do, hes a confused kid :p
  5. narud

narud Supporting Member

Mar 15, 2001
    santa maria,california
    the sound of bass being revolutionized.

6. There's a good chance this'll get closed.

But for the benifit of the doubt I will give this a listen.
  7. Well... uh.

It really sounds empty without drums. And the feedback is a tid bit annoying.

I grade this incomplete.
  8. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    More drums, less feedback please!

On a scale of 1-10, right now, I give this a 3.5....

9. trog

Nov 8, 2003
    I may get hurt for this, but...

I like the guitar solo :)

And the bass was a bit... understated?
  10. FireAarro

Aug 8, 2004
  11. odie

odie Supporting Member

Is he slapping(without pops)? I hear a thump going on and it doesnt sound good. Timing seems off.

Solid song. But the bass and one of the guitar parts needs to be more tight.
  12. Not what I was expecting to hear Nick playing. Feedback is annoying, very. Really I can't comment a whole lot on it without hearing drums with it - Really lacks without them. Not my style but the song seems to be coming along.

13. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    It's very British. It's also very out of tune. But perhaps that's a British thing to do; what do I know?
  14. Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Glad I'm not the only one who noticed - I just didn't want to be too harsh on the dude...

15. Tim Cole

Tim Cole

Jun 12, 2002
    Findlay, Ohio
    out of tune. out of time. cannot sing. not revolutionary. no drums. Feedback is annoying.

Other than that, it pretty much sucked :help:

16. dodgy_ian

Apr 9, 2001
    Newcastle, UK
    yeah, it is pretty poor, but if i listen back to my first recordings they are as bad as that if not worse. eveeryone has got to start somewhere hey!

17. Thanks for the comments was really hard to keep time on this, cuz we only had my computer speakers to listen to, and the guitars were coming thru more than me, so I just ahd to try and keep time as best I could. I really don't think that i can do anything really adventurous in that song. Also, turn the bass up a little bit, as I was recorded way too quiet.
  18. ***? Our singer can sing! Out of time? It seemed pretty much in time most of the time, especially seeing as we could barely hear ourselves through my PC speakers. The drummr doesnt have drum mikes, so we could record him, nor were there enough channels. I'd like to have seen you do better when you were 15/16. And I can tell you for sure we're a lot better than most bands in York.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.