1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Nifty "honerable mention" of sorts for me.... (Tooting my own horn)

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Ubersheist, Jan 2, 2012.

1. This was kind of cool...

Last summer, the Los Angeles band Young the Giant had a remix contest. They posted up some raw tracks for people to download and, well, remix. For fun, I remixed and I entered a couple of songs.

For one of their songs, "Guns Out," I kept the vocals, guitars, some keys, the main bass guitar riff, and percussion, but replaced the drums, added some bolder keys and percussion, replaced most of the bass guitar. There were something like 70 entries, and they selected the top 10 for an EP of remixes. I didn't win, didn't think much of it.

I just found out that they liked my track enough to sort of give me an "honerable mention." They wrote wrote about it in their blog (here's the link to the band's blog). It got reblogged a few times on fans' webites. As such, the track has a few thousand plays that I never knew about! That was pretty cool!

2. As they say down under,
    "Good on ya, Mate!"