1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

night from hell

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by chips, Apr 22, 2006.

1. <rant>

So my story starts thursay night... Opeth at Capitol. Amazing show, best live sound and tighter than tight playing. Half way into a psychadelic jam the power cuts out. Comes back on, finish the show. Got home at 1.30am and to bed at 2am. I had to get up at 5am for work. I work a 12 hour day and it hurt with the little sleep.

I head to my mates house, then we head to a party at a hall. Sh!t goes down, and some girl smacks my friend (a girl), her boyfriend (my mate) rips the girl off, and we have to bail before we get the crap kicked out of us. And apparently a couple of people are looking for us for grabbing the girl by the throat (which never happend, just a party story, you know how word spreads lies).

We bail to my mates house who lives in the bush. We're being too noisey in the shed for his mum so we go for a walk through this bush reserver where a fire had been through that night. It was pretty sweet, as we had had a couple of "university cigarrettes". All of a sudden, this kids drops. We think he's joking but hes goen limp. I freak out and go into first aid mode. Everything seems fine, breathing, etc. He eventually gets back up. We walk a bit further to find a spot to sit down so he can chill. He falls down again (hes been drinkin aswell). We rest, all of a sudden, he wants to leave and runs off into the bush. His mate chases him but loses him....

CRAP.

So theres this drunk and stoned kid whos ran off into bushland in the middle of the night, the only light is coming from burning logs and such. His mum calls, shes worried, we're freakin worried. He hasnt got his phone on him. So myself and the other 5 start searching for him. We scoured this bush in the darkness, im insanely tired, we're all baked, this cannot be happening. We searched for 3 hours and nothing. We walk back to the house. At this point i will mention that my mates whos house we're at, his parents get real grumpy and pissed off easily. So hes copping it from them now aswell. This kids mum is calling every 5-10 minutes. This cannot be happening :meh:

So we go get my mates 4WD, which will only work at 2WD at the moment. Hes drunk and has to go get fuel, the car is unlicensed. Comes back we search the bush more. Get bogged three times coz we only have 2WD. We spent about an hour pushing his car out. The tracks are too boggy, and thin, his car is taking a beating. Eventually, his car stalls, and wont start again. Its not firing properly. Why is this happening. He has to call his Dad to come tow us out. And his dad is PISSED at us. We have to push while he snatches because its soo boggy, AND uphill. We get back to his house, and this missing kids parents come. We've been searching for 5 hours. Its now 4.30am. We cant search anymore, its too dark, and we're about to pass out, too tired. His parents go for a look.

We figure if they still cant find him, they can shoose to call the police. Theres not a whole lot more we can do. So Im leaving now to get some sleep. Then we hear a noise in his boat... AND THIS KID GETS OUT! This whole time, hes been asleep in the ******* boat! We've just scoured this bush for 5 hours, yelling as loud as we can, my mates car is fire trucked, and we're filthy. I was so freakin pissed, my mate (whos house it was) was completely livid, and gave this kid a serious talking to as he is now in big **** with his folks and we're not allowed back anymore.

<rant off>

It was the worst feeling ive ever had in my life. I was so worried. Thank god he is okay. But he isnt coming out with me for a long time, and i dont think he'll be smoking again. He certainly wont around me.

I feel a bit better now

Peace

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Never combine weed and booze.

Basic rule I made for myself.

3. i would agree in most cases. I think most people learn that the hard way. i know i did when i was younger. I still combine them, but i wont drink much. If you are DRUNK, then your hopping on a train to go to a bad place.

4. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Just imagine what would have happened if the kid fell into the water...

Anyway, I've experienced some strange ****, girls that get suicidal and are threatening to jump out of the window, and stuff..

5. Its the first time something like that has happend to me. was a bit scary. The boat was parked at his house so he couldnt fall into any water. I was more worried about passing out in the ashes or bush and getting smoke inhalation or a burning tree falling on him.

Crazy about the suicidal stuff. Ive only ever seen the whole crying and i want my boyfriend drunk scenario.

6. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    That's the first step, after that the child trauma's come up and you'd better not be at the 3rd story of a hotel.

Damn that was a crazy holiday.

7. AuG

AuG

May 22, 2005
    Fort Collins, CO
    It'll make a great story for your kids one day.

8. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Good to see that Aussie rednecks don't differ too much from US rednecks.

bc

9. That happened at a party I was at. She was a bit of a nutcase anyway, and after several shots of Jaeger and several tokes, she opened the window and threatened to jump. I was the safety (since I'm allergic to marijuana,) but I was damn tired of her antics, so I went and pushed her out.

Which was okay, cause it was a one story house. It sobered her up, though.:D

Rock on
    Eric

10. Awesome.

That does sound like a pretty rough night... I mainly wanted to comment on Opeth, I saw them in November here in Buffalo and they were AMAZING. Even Mikael's joking between songs was great. Amazing band.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Morons.

-Mike

12. Geoff St. Germaine

Geoff St. Germaine Commercial User

This is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Well maybe not the dumbest, but probably the dumbest first hand account.

13. Lazylion

Lazylion Goin ahead on wit my bad self!

Jan 25, 2006
    Frederick MD USA
    Glad everybody was OK, and thanks for the laugh! Fun reading.

14. FireBug

FireBug

Sep 18, 2005
    Houston
    Wait a minute...so the kid was sleeping in the boat behind his house? And his parents are just lounging around instead out calling his name or for better results, taking the boat around the shore and calling his name?

Somebody, if not multiple people, shoud be slapped. I liked the part about drunk driving the most. That's such a great idea.

15. How disappointing!

I thought this story was going to end with "a dingo ate my buddy".

16. Do you really think he WANTED to? We didnt have much choice, we were worried sick and couldnt see crap. Believe me when i say that the kid got a major talking to because of this. He risked alot to try and find some one, stupid as drink driving is.

i will admit it is a dumb thing to happen. But what if this guy had tripped, passed out, layed there all night and a tree fell on him or he had smoke inhalation and died. It couldve been VERY serious.

peace

17. I woulda beat the **** out of the boat kid.

18. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    From what I can tell, you were hardly in any condition to be helpful to him at all, and may have actually put him in MORE danger, than without you looking for him. A couple of stoned drunks in an unregistred vehicles, where you admit you could barely see, could've easilly done some damage.

IMO, you were probably better off calling someone else, and trying to sober up.

19. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    What if he had passed out and then your drunk friend ran him over?

But let's ignore the what if's. Sounds like you know that drunk driving is whack, and everyone is ok, albeit frazzled. :)

20. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    This made me laugh.