Nightbass Editing

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sliminy_rickets, Nov 21, 2002.

1. Does anyone know how to merge nightbass factory presets? I know how to copy a preset to a blank slot but do it twice and you just overwrite the previously copied preset. :mad:

Basically I want to build my own presets by mergeing several of the presets from the BANK "C" PRODUCTION .. which are individual effect patches.

If anyone knows if this can be done ... let me know.

Thanks in advance.
  2. chris h

chris h Guest

Jun 16, 2002
    Oxford, England
    A friend of mine called who goes by the name of 'Spike' on this forum had a nightbass, Im sure he wont mind me reccomending that you PM him. Thats one serious bit of kit!
  3. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    I don't think you can merge patches.
    Remember, that thing is more than 10 years old.
    You can only copy and overwrite patches. How is the system to know what to keep and what to overwrite?

Write down the settings you like and make your own patch, that's the only way IMO.
  4. Thanx JMX ... that's what I figured I would have to do .... very tedious but seems to be the only way. :mad:
  5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I believe JMX is right. I have had a NightBass since around '91, and I don't know of a way to do what you are asking. I wouldn't think it would be that hard though. Do you have a manual?
  6. Hey I have a manual and it doesn't mention anything about merging presets .... oh well ... it was worth asking to save some time.
  7. I too own a nightbass, if only for a month.

However, If I am corect, the settings you are referring to are the "basic settings".

If you take the preset, then add what effect you want, it may be the same as "merging".

Another option..............

If you can hook up your nightbass to your computer, then go to this link.

There you will find an editing program where you can see your presets on the screen, and click your mouse a couple of times. Then just re-send the info the the nightbass. Alot easier than editing the "beast" in real time.
  8. Negative on the merging presets. Do what JMX mentioned; copy the settings and add 'em later. I have one of the first ones and I got the little upgrade chip. She's great for the studio....
  9. Yup sobie18 .... that appears to be the only way. Thanks for confirming it. ;)

Now .. about this "little upgrade chip" ... how can I tell if I need it, what does it do/help/fix & (the all important) what's it gona cost me? :D
  10. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I believe the SGX Nightbass SE (studio edition) version already has the upgrade chip.
  11. Correct.

The other giveaway is the fact that you have "Bank C". The first generations only had one bank of presets.