Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nightbass SE preset downloads

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Diggler, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    I wondered if anyone knows of a place where you can download user-created custom presets for the Nightbass SE. In particular, I'm looking for something that will make my bass sound like an acoustic bass, like in the Violent Femme's "Blister in the Sun" for starters.

I have the Windows editing program for the Nightbass and it is a great help, but the cool thing is that all those presets are saved as 1k files, they would be cake to upload and download. If anyone here knows of where you can download new presets (not the standard bank a-d ones) let me know... or maybe we could start our own library. I have plenty of web space...

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    Diggler, I think you, Superbassman, and I are the only users at TB that use the Nightbass.

I only have one custom preset I have created so far. I'm willing to share mine any time but I admit I need to get back in there and create some more.

Check with Superbassman and see what presets he has created.

3. yeah, i could fool around with the nightbass to see what i can conjure up...i will give it my best shot...

good now i have a weekend project!!

Charlie

4. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    I used to want one of those things so bad....then my guitar player bought an ART amp that litterally exploded during practice. Then its replacement exploded...then THAT replacement exploded.

Then I decided maybe I should get anything that said ART on it.

5. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    If you guys want, I can host all of the custom presets in one place so we can develop some killer sounds and spread the wealth.

I haven't had the time lately; my band is getting together after an 8 year hiatus and I pretty much just put it on a good, punchy preset like Slap Happy and leave it throughout rehearsals. Before we play out in June, though, I want to spend a lot of time tweaking the sounds.

I had a bunch 8 years ago but the damn lithium battery died and I lost them all. Needless to say, I bought a MidiMan Midisport off of ebay so I can download them and back them up.

Oh, and I haven't had a SINGLE problem with my ART Nightbass... except for the battery dying, which was expected... There might be newer processors out there, but heck, it's a bass... I played it raw for YEARS before getting this thing in '95. It does more than I'll ever need it to. And the X-15 is sturdy, too.

6. i'm sorry to hear that Tash, but i haven't had any problems with mine yet. it is pretty old, but it is still in very good condition...he must have gotten a few bad bad ones.

7. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    +2!

I have never had a problem with my Nightbass other than one scratchy pot. Thats to be expected as well as old as it is. A friend had the FXR Elite and it never gave him any problems either.