1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nightbass SE with X-15 or Lexicon MPX G2 with it's footcontroller

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by superbassman2000, Mar 16, 2006.

1. Stick with the Nightbass

4 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. Trade for a Lexicon MPX G2

8 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. You should try the new rackmount multi-carrot box

6 vote(s)
    21.4%
  4. you are an idiot

10 vote(s)
    35.7%
  1. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Pardon the pun, but the sonic difference between the V-Bass and the Nightbass is NIGHT and DAY ; } Stuff that seemed vieled comes out in full glory, and no need to use excessive EQ to do that, or add noise because you want sparkle.

And BTW, you can map multiple parameters to any controller, and use different max/min values and reversal of numerical direction (and use it to turn things ON/OFF wherever in the travel while simultaneously controlling the sweep of various functions). And it's got a surprisingly good interface - especially considering how deep it is. I was programming the same day I got it, and used it for gigs three or four days later.

2. how does it affect the clean tone of the bass?

3. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    Positively. Unless you have a reference rig that's tweaked to match your [passive] cable capacitance you are unlikely to know the difference unless you have golden ears and are in an anechoic chamber ; }

4. btw greenboy, are you talking about the sound (and recommending the vbass) with the GK pickup or the 1/4 (none-hex pickup) input?

5. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    Either or both. I've done sets, and part of sets, with the 1/4" input. But I jones for the extra power you get from on-the-fly blending of the COSM side of things with the magnetics (you can set the chaining order up to have some different stuff going on with one than the other too) so I hate to use it that way for longer than it takes to do a couple of out-on-the-dancefloor soundchecks.