Nightbass VS Nightbass SE

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Filip, Jul 29, 2003.

1. Filip

Feb 13, 2003
    Sweden, Uppsala

Is the Nightbass and the Nightbass SE different modules or are they the same? Does both ones that pink colors?

2. redneck2wild

Nov 27, 2002
    Memphis, TN
    The Nightbass SE had more presets (about 4 times) and a few additional effects. Some of the effects sound slightly better as the software was slightly different. Most of the additional presets were ones available in other ART products (such as the SGX).

You could upgrade a Nightbass to a Nightbass SE by installing a Chip. The installation in some early models of the Nightbass needed a couple pins added on the board.
  3. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    I have the NightBass. I purchased it in 1991, some time later the "SE" came out, so I went to get the upgrade chip, and they said they would have to send it to the factory, cause the new chip
    was bigger. so I said forget it. then I tried a "SE" and it had 4 banks and more pre sets, but none of them I was going to use anyway. Besides
    the fact I had already figured out how to make a few pre-sets of my own and had them saved in the
    memory.I still use it with the X-15 foot controller.
  4. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    The "SE" looked more professional, without all the silly pink paint graphics, the 2nd version of the X-15 foot controller looked better also, without the silly pink, I got stuck with the silly pink.:)
  5. sburkart

Jul 26, 2003
    .Earlier SE's were pink too

They sound like a black ones...