Nike "Free" shoes

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by FunkSlap89, Dec 29, 2005.

1. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    I was in dire need of a new pair of shoes so i go out to finish line. The Nike Free's catch my eye. I try a pair on and walk around. The most comfortable thing i have ever put on my foot. It was like walking barefoot on water. I can't even describe it. They conform to your foot like a glove! Anyway... here's what they look like for those of you who don't know:

some of you may think they look ugly, but i urge you to try them on... i'm sure it will change your opinion.
  2. tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    not too bad looking

how much?
  3. Certianly not a bad shoe for walking around in. Its got good ventilation and fits your foot like a glove, kinda like a sandal. I wouldn't really recommend them for walking on anything sharp like jagged rocks or anything of that sort, but they are good for everyday use. I also got a pair when I was looking for a pair of flats for track season, but went with Nike Pegasus instead because I needed more support.
  4. cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    I saw some stuff on those. They were evidently designed to strengthen your feet and lower leg muscles, by mimicing running bare foot. I'm not much on the look of them, but I think they probably are very comfortable.
  5. syciprider

syciprider Banned

May 27, 2005
    Inland Empire
    They look nice. Definitely for track and short distances only.
  6. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I'm waiting to read the story about the person who goes into the store and walks out with them without paying

"They said FREE"
  7. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    lmao, yeah....

i got mine on sale for $70 (US). Originally 85 or something like that. I didn't think it was too bad. They certainly aren't cheap, but well worth the money, imo...
  8. Don't_Fret

Don't_Fret Justin Schornstein

Dec 10, 2003
    East Coast, US
    The Bongo of shoes?
  9. FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    Ohhh yeah! :cool:
  10. canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I usually find that the most comfortable shoes to try on usually yield greater foot-ache (not pain, but ache) after several hours of wearing. That said, I have a flat foot, so there really aren't too many comfortable shoes out there, and I haven't bought a pair for myself in years.
  11. so they aren't free? Do they contain visco-elastic memory foam?
  12. Only the finest, used by NASA!!!11 :eek: