Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nikki Sixx Gibson Blackbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fishonbass, Oct 4, 2000.

1. fishonbass

fishonbass

Sep 21, 2000
    Anybody played this bass yet? I've seen pictures of it and I've seen the specs, but haven't read any reviews. It looks pretty sweet. But, 1600 bucks, are you kidding me?

2. fat jonny

fat jonny

Jul 8, 2000
    Columbus Ohio
    sorry, cant help ya, but i have to agree that is look hella sweet. I would also be interested to find out what its like even though I can't see handing over 1600 for it.

3. gweimer

gweimer

Apr 6, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Basically, just a fancy Thunderbird with a pinky grip.

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Well, I like Tbirds....and this one sure is great looking. But I have to agree that $1600 seems a bit much. Especially in light, of what other basses could be had, for that amount.

5. what the hell is a pinky grip

6. It's an "opti-grab". :D

7. GOX42

GOX42

Sep 28, 2000
    rising sun indiana
    I played one about 2 days ago @ Mars and I thought It sucked. there wasn't mush in the way of tone controls and it had an on/off switch.I could see hitting taht if your playing with a pick...It had good action though but that was about it..I guess it would be good for a *0's rock band or if your going for an image with the bass but 1600 $ I'd want more for my money