Nikki Sixx

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DaM13N, Jan 30, 2002.

1. DaM13N

Jan 30, 2002
    Hi everyone, this is the 1st time I'm posting here... juz wondering if anyone knows what kinda effects, etc Nikki Sixx used to get his booming sound?

2. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    well, he has plays a nikki sixx model sig thunderbird with _no_ knobs on's the equivalent of having all the controls cranked through a set of pickups with a hot output. and i think he still uses ampeg cabs. his use of a pick also contributes to his tone, usually attacking right between the neck pickup and the neck.
  3. barroso

Aug 16, 2000
    neptoon hit the nail!
  4. Yet another thread not dealing with effects... Off to the bassist forum.
  5. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    You mean live or in the studio?

Studio: tons of studio gear and a world-class producer and engineer (I guess).

Live: a good P.A. with tons of P.A. FX gear and a world-class engineer (I guess too).
  6. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    its not dealing with bassists either, moved to recordings/equipment
  7. I'll make sure remember that. :D
  8. I'm gonna move this to Misc. When this forum was made it was made to help people get the information they needed and help they needed with the recording aspect to music. So the gear used to record and recording tips and so forth.
  9. My god, it's the bastard topic!
  10. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I was wondering why it didn't belong in Bassists? Yeah, it talks about Nikki's gear, but a lot of threads in Bassists talk about gear, about recordings they have done, etc. I dunno. Maybe Bigfeet is right.