Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nills peter molvaer? any info?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by dirtgroove, Mar 19, 2004.

1. dirtgroove

dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Can anyone shed any light on this artist/ band.
    I have a cd that somebody a friend made for me. It comes across as treading a fine line between jazz/drum and bass. There's a very elctronic feel but also live trumpet and I'm assuming fretless work- both of which literally ooze quality musicianship. It's some of the most interesting music I've heard over the last year.
    I'm assuming that from the name there's a Norwegian connection but after a bunch of searches I can't find any informatyion. Maybe I'm typing it wrong. But I can't find any info- can anyone shed any light? (Wrong Robot I'm sure you won't dissapoint me ;) .)

2. Asaf

Asaf

Jun 9, 2003
    Israel
  3. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    He's one of those ECM guys - trumpet plus electronics. If you like him, check out Mark Isham and Erik Truffaz.

4. Falk

Falk

Jan 18, 2004
    Norway
    Nils Petter Molvær, you say?
    I've heard his music several times before.
    Once I missed out seeing him live... *sigh* :(
    He's from Norway, allright.
    People outside Norway may have problems finding info on certain Norwegians cause we have three letters more in our alphabeth.
    This could explain your problems finding any info on him on the net.

5. Oysterman

Oysterman

Mar 30, 2000
    Sweden
    His first album Khmer is brilliant. Everyone even remotely interested in his work should have it. The second one, Solid Ether, doesn't quite reach the same heights, though it's not bad. The third one I haven't heard.