Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NIN at MSG

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by retitled, Nov 4, 2005.

1. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    i went to see NIN's at msg last night... the run down.. :)

i posted this on a marilyn manson forum first, and the language there is more vulgar so i probably cursed a bit.. im gana edit them, but if i miss some.. sorry... oh and "platinum orgy" is a member of those boards and a friend of mine..

(edit: what i posted before was an entire rundown that i posted on a amrilyn manson forum and it was very vulgar so im going to give a cleaner rundown now:))

ok so platinumorgy and i get there at around 12pm or something, and platinum is a premium member and i was his guest :) so the tour manager or who ever that guy was comes out and says that they will only let us in for sound check and no meet and greet. so we go in and see NIN's sound check and they play like 5 songs jsut for the 50 of us, so damned awesome, and then they take us all in this hall way cuz we think we are just going to go outside and wait on line again... so we are all lined up at the walls and out comes Jeordie followed by ther est of the band. haha and jeordie looks around and sees all the people and goes "oh s**t" lol so they all started at different ends of the 2 lines and a few minutes later, out comes trent.. WHOOP WHOOP. and when i handed each member a piece of rolling paper they were all "ha! are ya gana smoke my name after the show?" haha and alex(drummer) said "oh dude how are gana roll your dubage" lol jeordie goes "a gum wrapper?..OH!" lol and then he signed the ticket instead :( and when trent came by he signed the paper and then said "and a bonus signature" and signed the ticket too. so then we all went to our spots... and i was up at the baracade infront of twiggy/Jeordie all day :)

the opening band was death from above 1978 and they were pretty cool, i loved the bass and drum duet... they would have worked better as an instrumental band, i didnt like how most of the songs were songs about girls.... they did good thoug

queens of the stone age was explosive and awesome.. i hated that fill in guy that played bass.... he looked like a NY street bum.. he played nice guitar but wasnt that great on bass...

nin was just awesome... so awesome, cant even use words to describe it... just wow..

2. Before I die ( Or more likely, they die) I MUST see NIN in concert. I didnt even know about the show until like, two days before. I read about it in the "AM New York" newspaper. I wish I could of gone... :crying:

3. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
    Ontario
    My brother's thrilled because he got a pit ticket to the NIN show in Toronto. Can't say I blame him...I'd love to go, they're awesome.

4. trog

trog

Nov 8, 2003
    Scotland
    DFA1979, QOTSA, and NIN?

Why wasn't I there? :crying:

5. retitled

retitled

Feb 13, 2004
    forest hills
    well u live in scottland for one.. lol

6. aaron f.

aaron f.

Oct 21, 2000
    Manitoba
    Nov. 14

Too bad no Robin and Danny, but any Trent is better than no Trent.