1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nine Inch Nails show.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by dharma, Mar 26, 2006.

1. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Just came back from Bossier City, La., where I managed to get into the skybox seats at the CenturyTel Center to see NIN live.

Trent, head shaved, was Trent. His visuals are stirring, his music drives, he has something to say.

Guitars and keyboards were smashed at the end.

It was cathartic to watch, and I'm not the "jump around and go crazy" music type. I'm that "on-the-verge-of-geeky, into-music-for-its-beauty" type.

Girlfriend complained about the crushed instruments. I mentioned they were cheapo's and that calmed her down.

Really great tour. Played songs from the new album as well as from The Fragile.

Get a ticket.

2. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    They smashed their kit when I saw them last summer, although Trent had hair. Amazing show though!

3. Trents bald now??? Thats disturbing...

4. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    Trent's bald and Maynard has hair. Switched styles eh?

5. discoboo

discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    i saw NIN for the first time last year in atlanta and it was insane. the wife and i were smashed down in the front and it was one of the best shows i've ever seen.

6. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    NIN and TOOL toured together in the past. Ya'll think they'll do it again this time around since Trent has a relatively new album? Would be pretty cool to see both in one night!

7. Saw them here in the UK last year when they toured, one of the best shows i've seen. Every bit of kit got a good trashing too, which is always nice to see. Trent bald is a hard image for me to picture. Who supported them on the U.S. leg of the tour?

8. Thats pretty cool. I would like to go see NIN live someday

9. anomalee

anomalee

Dec 16, 2005
    London, KY
    Saw them in Columbus several years ago with A Perfect Circle. Worth checking out for sure.

10. lbpark

lbpark Supporting Member

Apr 23, 2005
    Mobile, Al.

That'd be a dream come true. Seen Tool once, always wanted to see NIN.

11. dharma

dharma Srubby wubbly

Oct 14, 2005
    Monroe, Louisiana
    Would be cool to see Tool with them.

They were supported in the states by a black guy doing this kinda techno-rap-spoken-word thing with a DJ.

His name is Saul Williams.

I was underwhelmed, but then, I'm a harsh critic of techno-rap-spoken-word. It's a hard genre to be good at.

12. Syeknom

Syeknom

Oct 17, 2004
    Leuven, Belgium
    He performed at the festival I saw NIN at. Didn't check him out though.

13. discoboo

discoboo

Dec 25, 2002
    charleston, sc
    in atlanta the dresden dolls opened...the best thing about them was when the kick pedal busted and the drummer threw it into the crowd. it's hard to get into a drum and piano combo for more than a song or 2.

14. lol they always smash up the Dean Evo's and they are all worth between $2k and $5k on ebay after lol

anyway.. i saw them this past nov at MSG, i was a plus one guest of a spiral premium member so i got to go in for soundcheck wich was 5 full songs and i got a meet and greet and autographs and handshakes and hugs and stuff lol i had the entire band sign rolling paper, trent signed my ticket AND the paper, jeordie only signed my ticket thoug :(

for me,meating jeordie was cooler then meeting trent cuz i was always into manson more then NIN

i was also at the baracade the entire night, infront of Jeordie :)

man it was an awesome day...

queens of the stone age opened for them too.. i have a butt load of pics if anybody wants to see :)

ever hear of the tapeworm project?

it didnt work but if it did then it would have gone FAAAAARRRR

the tapework project was a side project that featured trent, maynard, scott putsky (AKA: daisy berkowitz, original marilyn manson guitarist). i forgot who else but man those three alone would have been insane

also, if your into a perfect circle and youve heard the song "passive" it was also in the movie "constantine" and on the latest APC album.. anyway, it was originally a tapeworm song and called "Vacant" it was never recorded before APC recorded it but APC did play it live once, before it was altered for APC use.. APC altered some of the lyrics but its basically the same song. you can search any P2P for it.. just type in APC - vacant, its really cool :)

15. Squidfinger

Squidfinger I wish I could sing like Rick Danko.

Jan 7, 2004
    Shreveport LA
    Hey, another Bossier City native here.

Damn, I wish I would have gone now but I just moved out of my parent's house and money's been kinda tight. I saw NIN in St. Louis during the Fragile tour (98 or 99 I think) with A Perfect Circle opening. Trent and the band were wrapped up like mummys from head to toe in what looked like medical gauze. Great show, it was in an outdoor amphitheater and not all of the seats were covered. Me and my friends' seats were 3 feet behind the roof. So of course it rained for most of the show.:p

16. sevenorchids

sevenorchids Supporting Member

NIN touring with Bauhaus this summer...

Imagine all the black clothes in the hot sun. You can almost smell the despair.

:)

17. Whoa cool! Amanda, the pianist/singer went to my high school some years back. I met her once when the two of them came to judge a battle of the bands here. They're both really cool and if you're into that kind of stuff, it's great music. It's not really my thing, but I can usually dig it for a couple songs at least.
    -Alex

18. Saw NIN in amherst. Only the guitar was smashed, I got there late but they still put on a kickass show.

19. Yep, me too i saw them last november at montreal. With Queens of the Stone Age and Death From Above 1979 for opening.
    Awesome show. Completely awesome.

Look at the 1995 tour! http://www.nin.com/visuals/closure_teaser.html

hahaha! +1! funny!:D
    Can't wait for the may 2nd, heh! their new album..

Also, Ministry who come this june! Wah! With Joey of Slipknot at drums! It'll be awesome...

20. zipflint

zipflint

Sep 25, 2005
    Spartanburg, SC
    Just saw NIN a few days ago in Greenville, SC. I was shocked that they played such a small town. I've been into them for years but this was the first time I'd seen them live. Twas a great show, lots of energy. They didn't play much (if anything?) from the Fragile though, which was my only disappointment. The Great Below is one of my favorite songs.
    Saul Williams was the opener, and while I'm not really into that style of music, I enjoyed his performance and appreciated what he had to say.